Childe x Abused Reader

The gentle, condescending look in his eye flew over your head, it always does when he claims to make the decisions for you. His hands held your face, thumbs rubbing the bone of your cheeks gently, "You just stay home today, alright baby? It's too hot to go outside, and you know if I have to go out it's because something dangerous is happening." 

     All you wanted to do was go out today and get some ice-cream, you had passed it as an overthought this morning when you and Childe were having breakfast, idly saying you were thinking of leaving the house for once and trying the local ice-cream bar. You rarely ever leave nowadays, "But we never go out anymore, I miss the city. If you're taking care of trouble then it shouldn't be around me, right?" 

       A lighthearted chuckle left the boy, his lips pecking yours in a loving 'see you later', "Promise you'll stay inside today? You can run the air conditioning and play games all day! Maybe tonight we can make it a date?"

       Not promising, he tries to get you to agree so he can leave and then when he comes home he's either too tired or 'didn't finish the job', whatever that means. You gave him a hard stare, placing your hands over his own to hold them in front of you, rather than on your face, "Do you promise, Childe? If you don't I'll be very mad." 

      He presented another, longer kiss, "I promise you with all my heart."

      Still not good enough. There was a saying from his home town, one he kept no matter what, he recently taught it to you when he had to leave you alone in the city, telling you very seriously not to break it and run off, otherwise he would have to hurt you. You decided you wanted to use it now, needing the reprieve from home, "You make a pinkie promise, you keep it all your life. You break a pinkie promise, I throw you on the ice."

      Childe seemed surprised, needing a moment to recognise what you were doing before smiling and hooking his pinkie with yours, "The cold will kill the pinkie that once betrayed your friend, the frost will freeze your tongue off so you never lie again. You're a fast learner."

      His compliment made you feel smug, "Well, I need to be able to keep up with my quick-witted boyfriend." 

     One more kiss, because he could never get enough of you, "I'll see you tonight. Maybe we can even go out for more then ice-cream."

      It was like stars shimmered in your eyes, "Really?!"

     "Maybe," he reiterated, peeking through the crack of the door as it slowly closed, "Be good and we'll see."

     "I love you!" You called once the door was shut.

      A muffled, "I love you, too!" could be heard down the hall, warming your heart.

You love your boyfriend. He tells you every day what a good girl you are, that you are a wonderful angel that always listens to him and that he will do everything in his power to protect his girl. Childe is smothering, you are unsure how to deal with it, but when he gives you everything in the world as well as your own safe haven, you find it hard to argue with him. What's a few weeks inside if it means he stays happy? Gaslighting? Never heard of her. 

And he always pulls through when it counts. Like tonight, when the young man arrives home with a bouquet of flowers behind his back. You ran out in a pretty, light blue dress as soon as you heard the door open, flats smacking the floor with every excited step. You jumped into your man's arms, "Childe!" 

      He laughed and spun you around, doing his best not to crush the petals into your back. Once you were set on the ground, he presented the floral gift, "For you, my love. Quick, turn around."