Zhongli's S 2

UGH I HATE THIS TOO FINE TAKE IT - 

.

The Morax Triad? Yeah, you've heard of it. In fact, the whole underworld knows of it. And they're aware of the recent transition in power. For decades the grandparents of the new head have been in charge. Now, with the recent death of his grandmother, Zhongli Lapis Dei was about to be the proper head. He always did the orders with his grandmother's name, but now it was official, and that had everyone on edge. Especially you. 

     You're the young lady of a different mob group, a woman who has been trained and equipped to hate others. Well, hate is a strong word, but it's the truth. Your parents have drilled into your mind that other societies are wrong. 

      And the Morax clan? They're the worst. 

     You yourself haven't had hate worthy emotions to other clans, however this one in particular really got you riled up. They always got everything, were ten steps ahead everyone else and as ruthless as it gets. You don't cross them, you don't double-cross them, and you sure as hell don't challenge them. 

     Until now! It wasn't like a proper challenge, you were really only visiting to give a little gift and a few choice words. So now, you were standing on his door step, uninvited because you're quirky and rude like that, with a box in hand. Show dominance. Though a person at the gate had checked your gift beforehand to make sure it wasn't dangerous, that was fine. 

     A girl with light hair and grey tips opened the door, looking you up and down, then the body guards you had brought, and turned around, "Follow me. We don't do walk-ins but Mr. Rex Lapis is interested in your group."

      "My group?" You parroted, taken aback. You were half expecting not to get in, let alone be interesting to the leader. 

      "You seem surprised," the woman said, not looking back, "He will have more details for you shortly. You will be respectful to our leader, present your gift and thank him for his time. Manners make the meeting."

       You felt belittled. You're a leader too, she should be respecting you as a guest of equal status. This was demeaning, this was - hurtful. For decades your family has been fighting against him and she was treating you like you were an underling in his mob. You decided to stay silent, somewhat scared of her and wanting to keep a peaceful expression. The times are changing, both you and Mr. Zhongli coming into power at the same time had to mean something, had to mean less bloodshed and more cooperation. You didn't like the idea of teamwork, but your people's fate was on the line, he was too powerful to leave unchecked. 

     The lady had brought you out to a beautiful garden, servants awaiting, butterflies and geo crystalflies in the air beside each other. There were amazing, dark pillars and rock formations that added a wonderful scenery. You were in absolute awe, the man in the centre drinking tea only adding to it. There was a woman beside him, clipboard in hand, hair and horns in an elegant design. You wished you could see this sight in colour. The woman who brought you announced, "Sir, I have brought Miss (Y/n) (L/n) from (Clan Name) to see you." 

      "Wonderful," he responded, his deep, raspy voice giving you goosebumps. The last thing you needed was to be attracted to your rival. He set down his tea cup, waving his hand to the table without looking at you, "You may set the chocolates there and take a seat. I appreciate the gift."

      An irritated tick made your forehead twitch as you followed his words, "I guess the surprise is ruined now, huh?"

        "It's simple procedure. They rarely let me have surprises," he began shifting to you, your own body getting into a comfortable position for the talk he wanted to have with you. However, both of you stared in shock once your eyes connected, the world around you bursting. It felt like you got hit by a flash bomb, your breath taken as quickly as it came, colours bleeding over objects and people, flora and fauna alike, creating a visual symphony. Zhongli was the first to speak, a simple chuckle coming from the man, "Oh my. This is certainly interesting. It will make my plans a lot easier, too."

         Your jaw was slack, words muffled in your mind as you tried to think. He was still going on about plans? Wait, this wasn't supposed to happen! After everything your parents had taught you, "This is wrong. We're supposed to hate each other, not be soulmates." 

      He blinked at you, eyes an entrancing colour you couldn't even describe because of your lack of knowledge. It was kind of scary that you didn't know, though Zhongli's composure was somewhat comforting, "Why would we hate each other?"

      It was then you realised he probably wasn't raised like you were, "Ah, never mind." 

     Zhongli accepted your silence, instead choosing to lead the conversation, "Very well. I assume you understand that this is a big deal, yes? We are not only fated, but our clans will now have to coexist -"

       "-There's no way," you butt in, getting a few glares from the people around him, yet Zhongli didn't seem to mind. You explained to him what your family taught you, "They have given me every possible way to kill you, they'll have a fit if they find out we're supposed to be in love. I think it would be better if we pretend this didn't happen. Maybe we can sort out some treaty..."

     "I see," he became intent, looking into his teacup to find his thoughts. It was only now you had realised you had your own drink, already poured, though you weren't all that thirsty. While you were still lost in decision, Zhongli came back with a quick answer, showing his true abilities as a leader, "Then it wouldn't matter to make it a big deal. We don't have to worry about a large ceremony to appease your clan. Ganyu."

     The girl with the hair that was the colour of the sky (blue, you think people say the sky is blue) quipped on her heels and voiced her attention, "Yes, sir?" 

       "I can feel your excitement." 

       "Sorry, sir," she deflated, obviously not for the first time in his presence. You also feel a little out of tune, amazed that he could sense such minimal emotion. 

       He relayed orders from his plan, "Contact Miss (L/n)'s clan and confirm her arrangement with them. Let them know that she will be staying with me now."

        This was information you trying hard to process, it wasn't talked with you, he couldn't be charge here. You had to bring back your assertiveness, "Hey, wait a minute-"

       Yet you were shot down immediately, "- That was also the only and final time I will use your last name. From now on you will be known as (Y/n) Lapis Dei, my wife and woman of Morax. Your bodyguards can also go back to your clan." 

        He kept talking but you couldn't hear him. Your parents didn't even know you were here, now you were betrothed to the leader. Everyone was going to hate you. But, you had found your soulmate. You had allowed him to take control, even though you came here with the intention of proving your worth. 

      The next moment you came to, Zhongli was smiling gently at you, "It's lovely to finally have you home, Mrs. Zhongli."