Chapter Two- Mistakes and Murder

Start from the beginning

We had just passed the last house of the town, when a hand was waved back and forth in front of my face. "Earths down here, Beka, get your head out of the clouds. Were you even listening?" Lilly persisted annoyed.

"No, sorry, I'm a bit distracted today. What were you saying?" I smiled, apologetically.

Lilly rolled her eyes, forgiving me. "I said that I saw you yesterday, while I was walking in the town square with my Timothy, and you were having an odd confrontation with the royal family. What was that about?"

Timothy is Lilly's fiancé, and the blacksmith's son. He asked for her hand three weeks ago after two years of courting. Personally, I don't think he's good enough for her, nobody is good enough for her, but Timothy makes her happy, and who am I to take away her happiness?

"I'm not sure, really." I said, frowning. I was glad that someone else found it odd to and that my mind wasn't just playing tricks on me. "It was quite odd," I agreed. "All I know is that the fangirls weren't happy about it." I laughed, and Lilly smirked.

We had reached the forest, and I took my shoes off. Lilly copied me without question. I made sure that our shoes were far enough under the tree's branches, because the rain began to sprinkle down. I looked back at the town and discovered that it had already started to rain quite heavily there. I shrugged. The rain didn't bother me.

"Ok, Lilly, any flower that is remotely pretty, with lots of colour is good, but don't touch the bright blue ones. That's a Burgenmire, and the venom in their thorns isn't exactly good for you, so I suggest you don't touch them." I laughed, walking away from her, and winking over my shoulder.

"What do you mean 'not exactly good for you'?" She said, in a high pitched tone, trying to mock my voice while running to catch up to me.

"I don't sound like that, and I mean if you don't want to be paralysed, I don't think you should touch them." She gave me a shocked look before she composed herself.

I felt myself going into my natural routine, and while Lilly just picked her way cautiously through the trees, asking me about certain flowers every once in a while.

I was picking a Jade Concopious, when I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. A gasp left my lips, and I subconsciously stood, placing my hands over my stomach. Lilly gave me a questioning look.

"Something's wrong..." I whispered, before turning away, forgetting about the flower, leaving my basket in the grass, and sprinting towards the forests exit. Lilly's footsteps were right on my tail, she was calling my name, but she kept stumbling behind. I knew this forest like the back of my hand, so I had no trouble finding my way out.

I don't know what's going on, but something bad has happened. Something terribly bad...

-

Paul Higgin's POV- A soldier for King Simon (Fun Fact: Paul is One Direction's on- tour manager.)

Caroline came to the soldier chambers, bearing a note from the King. She was soaking wet from having to come outside in the rain, so I wrapped the blanket I was using, around her. She thanked me with shattering teeth, and eagerly raced over to the fireplace towards the back of the room.

The note was saturated, and the ink was smudge, so I read it as best as I could.

Dear Paul,

...you and two of your finest men...go to the florist's household...seek the daughter...murder... family...make formal event of it...

Yours Sincerely,

King Simone

"George, Kayle. The King has requested us to go into town. Prepare your things."