"I know you miss your dad. A-and I know that this whole journey is still hard for you, but I still think you should talk to Rapunzel. Who knows how much longer this journey will be, Varian. We could still be a whole year out from getting to where we need to be." I said and I saw his eyes widen slightly. "It will make you feel better if you talk to Rapunzel. It's been a long time since I told you to talk to her. And about your dad, the moment we get back to Corona we are working on getting him out. If the people have something to say to you when we get back they'll have to go through me. No one is going to make you feel bad about what happened at least not while I'm around. Okay?" I said softly and he nodded and leaned into my hand that was on his cheek. I placed my other hand on his other cheek and cupped his face. He stared at me with big baby blue sapphire eyes and I felt myself melt. He placed his gloved hands on top of mine and moved them so we were holding hands.

"Do you miss your mom?" He asked and I nodded. "C-can't you, um, I don't know how it works really, but can't you see her or talk to her?" He asked me and I shook my head no. "I-I actually asked death about that one day. When I first arrived at the meadow I tried contacting her. Nothing worked. I asked him why she wasn't coming to talk to me and he told me...he told me that her spirit was too old and damaged. She was already very old, ancient even, when she died making her spirit incredibly fragile. And being burned at the stake made her spirit shatter into a million pieces. At least that's what he told me." I said looking down at our intertwined fingers. "So...my mother is gone gone. No reaching out to her. No astral projecting to find her. Nothing. She's gone. Forever." I said and fumbled with Varian's hands. He let me mess around with his hands for a little while longer before he spoke up. "I-I'm sorry you can't ever see or talk to her ever again." He said and I shrugged my shoulders. "I've come to terms with it. There's not much more I can do besides that." I said and he nodded.

We stared at each other for a few seconds before we turned our heads to the side to see Eugene making his way across the beach. "Cmon guys! We're all heading in and I'd really not have to be the one to tell Blondie I lost two kids to the sea in the morning." Eugene said and we both got up and headed back towards the shelter. When we got back to the shelter, Varian and I said our goodnights to each other and headed to bed.

Eugene had woken all of us up when Rapunzel left with Pascal. He told us that she was feeling homesick and I didn't blame her. She hadn't been with her real family for very long before she broke away and started on this journey. "We got a visual. She's coming." Cass said and Eugene turned to face the rest of us. "All right, did everyone sign the cheer up card for Rapunzel?" He asked and Lance spoke up. "Sure did." "Me too." Hookfoot said and Varian and I looked at each other confused. "There was a card?" Varian asked and Eugene looked at Shorty. "Shorty?" He asked and Shorty gulped. "In my defense, let the record show the card was made of cheese." He said and Eugene face palmed. "The card was not made of cheese." "Agree to disagree." Shorty said and Eugene groaned.

"Hi, guys!" Rapunzel said waving and running to us. "Hey, look who cheered up." Cass said and Rapunzel ran with a smile. "Yup! And wait until you see why. It is only the most incredible thing ever." Rapunzel said pulling out a small carved piece of wood. "I give it a seven for effort." Shorty said and the eyes on it started glowing green. Rapunzel laughed and hugged the plant right next to her. "It's so good to see you, Dad. See! I mean, can you believe it?" She said and we all stared at her. "Has Rapunzel been drinking enough water? I've read that hallucinations are a symptom of dehydration." Varian said and quietly to Eugene and I nudged his shoulder. "Why aren't you more amazing by this? Wait one second. Why can't they see you?" She asked the plant and I sighed. "It's cursed." I said softly and they all turned to me. Eugene laughed and rolled his eyes. "Okay this island might be crazy, but I doubt that it's as crazy as cursed items." He said and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Wait a minute. Maybe you have to be holding it to see anything." Rapunzel said and handed it to Eugene. He took it without a second thought and I rolled my eyes. The objects eyes glowed green and Eugene laughed. "Blondie, I think your homesickness might be getting to your-sweet tomatoes! The royal yacht!" Eugene yelled surprised as he stared out towards the sea and turned back to us. "And look! My likened is carved upon its wondrous bow." Eugene said pointing up to air. "Now we can get off the island and sail. Blondie, you fill my world with amazing things. You know that? The statue brings all the happy." Eugene said as he stood on top of Max and was trying to use a shell as a sea glass.

Cass took the statue and started sword fighting the air. "I've picked up a thing or two out here on the road. Ya! Woo! Good one!" Cass yelled and we all ducked as she came our way swinging her sword. Max took the statue and he continuously threw Hookfoot against a tree. "Cut it out, would you?! Ow!" He yelled and Varian Lance and I cringed at the sight. Cass, Rapunzel, and Eugene were all just sitting and smiling at each other. Lance took the statue and sat on the ground with half a coconut filled with sand. "I don't know what kind of juice this is, but keep it coming." Lance said and he poured the sand right into his mouth. "Agree to agree." Shorty said doing the exact same as Lance. It was Hookfoot's turn with the statue and he was leaned up against a rock with a bird on his head. We all laughed as he played with the birds tail feathers.

"O-okay guys. I think that's enough of the statue thing for one day." I said going over to Hookfoot with a cloth covering my hands. I reached out to grab it when Hookfoot tried pulling it away. He ended up pulling away the cloth that was covering my hands. My fingers grazed against the carved wood and the eyes of the statue became green. I picked up the statue with both hands and stared down at it. A hand was placed on my shoulder and I jumped slightly turning around. My eyes widened at what I saw.

I covered my mouth with one of my hands as I felt tears start to pour into my eyes. In front of me was the exact person I thought I'd never get the chance to ever see again. The woman in front of me gave me a soft smile and raised one of her hands to wipe away my tears. Her hand felt cold against my cheek and I tried to form words, but nothing came out. "Hello to you too, little pumpkin." She said softly to me with a smile on her features. I slowly reached one of my hands to touch her cheek. Her skin was as cold as ice and more tears escaped my eyes. "M-momma?" I said softly and she nodded with a smile.

I stared up at her and she brought me into a hug. 'She's not as warm as she used to be, but I-I don't care! S-She's here! She's really here!' I hugged onto her tightly with the statue still in my hands. 'I-I never want to let go.' I was crying into her and held onto her as tightly as I could. She pulled me away from her and lifted my chin up to look at her. "Look at how much you've grown. You're much more like a big pumpkin now, aren't you?" She asked and I sniffled and nodded. "I-I missed you so much. D-death told me I-I could never see you again." I said softly and she shook her head no. "As long as you hold that statue, I will be with you. Nothing, not even Death, will take me away from my little pumpkin. Not as long as you have the statue. Understand?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Uh, uh, okay! Give it back!" I heard Rapunzel say and the statue was ripped from my grasp. I looked up and saw a tree trunk in front of me where my mother once stood. I stared at the tree for a few seconds and I wiped my eyes. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to face Varian. He looked worried and opened his arms. I slowly made my way into his arms and I wrapped mine around him. One of his arms went around my waist and the other was placed on the back of my head running his fingers through it. He placed a gently kiss to my forehead and I let more tears fall from my eyes.

"Woah woah woah. What gives, Raps?" Cassandra asked with her hands on her hips. "Yeah, Blondie, since when are you not into sharing?" Eugene asked and I slowly pulled away from Varian. "What? Not into sharing?! Me? No, no, no, no, no, no. No, I love to share. It's just that I don't want to use up, uh, all of the magic all at once. Okay, uh, bye!" Rapunzel said slowly starting to back away with the statue clenched to her chest and running off. I stared at where she had run off and felt my blood start to boil. 'She thinks she can just take that statue from me? You have another thing coming for you Princess. And I won't play nice.' I thought to myself as I glared at the direction she went.

"Milady? (Y/n)? (Y/n)!" I jumped slightly and saw Varian looking at me worried. "Are you okay?" He asked holding my hands and rubbing the backs of them with his thumbs. "Y-yeah. I'm fine." I said pulling my hands away and walking the direction Rapunzel went.