Illıllı

𝐘/𝐍 ✧˚ · .

I shoved my bag on the floor and flopped onto the sofa. My head hitting the cushion as I was already feeling my new upcoming tears coming in. I was tired of it all, the fight was just an add on and it was all frustrating.

I focused on the knicks on the coffee table that no one used anymore, my hands grazing over the top. It was quiet, a bit too much for my liking and I was fully unaware of the man standing in the doorway. I jumped up quickly grabbing the glass vase for defense. "Who are you?"

"Steven Moore, nice to meet you." He held out his hand and I just looked at it, "What are you doing here?" The words fell out of my mouth as soon as she walked out, a robe against her skin, a smile on her face. What the fuck was going on?

"(Y/n)! You're back!" My mom stood there with a happy expression, slightly displeased but I knew she was holding onto that smile for dear life. "We were just about to shower and get ready."

I internally gagged at the thought of my mom with someone else, but I just continued holding up the vase, "Mom, who is this guy?"

"Steven, I met him in Canada." She smiled as she hugged onto his arm, "He came to meet you."

At the scene of him not having any clothes on and they were both wrapped in towels and robes, it looked like he was ready to meet something else too, "Do I have to get ready?"

She nodded quickly and they both disappeared into the room, "DON"T USE ALL THE HOT WATER!" I made sure to be loud enough, I already didn't like that he was in that room with her, so to make matters worse they could waste the good water.

Illıllı

I walked over to the table with my mom who was linking arms with Steven, they had said I was meeting Steven's son. He lived with his mom down here, but Steven was thinking about moving because of my mom, which was giving my mom too many ideas of him moving in with us. This was all good to take my mind off of the things that were going on outside of my family mess, so as we were led by our waiter I watched as he continued to look at me with a bit of curiosity from my point. He was probably confused about how I didn't look like the people behind me, "His name is Steven, just met him today." He nodded his head with a small laugh escaping his lips, he looked a bit older than me, dark hair that flopped nicely on each side of his middle part. He was taller than me, hazel eyes that were reminding me of Louis, but then again, I didn't want to think about any of that. Especially because by the look of this restaurant, I could tell one thing, Steven had money.

A money level that showed he went to country clubs in the north and walked down the streets of Los Angeles on vacation days with his Samoyed breed of a dog that he would probably bring to our apartment next week. He was probably the type of guy who was settling down for a bit before he starts his multi-million-dollar brand of car or something, but that was what I thought. I didn't know much anyway.

"I hope you survive." The waiter said as we made our way to the table, his hand pulling the back of my chair out as he stood close next to me. Steven pulled the chair out for my mom and then he sat down, "My kiddo should be here soon." He was excited, something that I was kind of jealous of. He seemed to actually like the kid, not leaving because he just wanted to but because his ex-wife probably had a bad reputation with him or if they don't, then they probably will after she meets my mom and finds out that the lady with (y/m/h/c) hair is a better catch, even though I don't want to admit it. "(Y/n), how was school today?"

"Not really in the mood to talk about that."

"Then how is Evanie doing?"

What a perfect topic mom, way to ruin my dinner even more. "How old are you, Steven?" I turned my attention to him, and he smiled, "I'm thirty-six."

"Two years older than mom. Did she tell you that I was born when she was seventeen?" He didn't look uncomfortable at all by the question which made me lay back on the intense ones because he was starting to seem like an okay guy. He nodded his head and put his arm around my mom's chair, "Yeah, she did." He was about to speak up again, but was interrupted as a boy quickly made his way to our table and sat down, shaking hands with my mom and then smiling over at his dad. I didn't get a good look at him until he turned, hand outstretched and my eyes rolled from habit.

"You've got to be kidding me." I crossed my arms as he sat there, trying to look like he was well behaved in front of my mom. "(Y/n), shake his hand. What's wrong with you?"

"It's not me, he's the problem-" He shook my hand and scoffed as he turned his body to face my mom and Steven. "(Y/n), this is my son Jaden."

I nodded and my mom threatened me with her silent mouthing, saying to 'sit up' and 'be kind'. He smirked as he sat there, his tan skin and blonde hair looking nice as he was wearing a polo and some slacks, something I had never seen before.

So, as the night went on, I was exposed to my mom's luxurious lifestyle that I was missing out on, from the food she would eat to the things she wears. Jaden would smile at me from time to time, probably making fun of me inside his head, but I was listening closely as Jaden was being made fun of as his dad explained his first soccer game where little Jaden went the wrong way and scored for the opposite team. His eyes widened and cheeks red, he was more open to my mom as he talked about his parents' divorce, he just seemed different from our school interior.

He was secretly part of this high-class society and no one knew. So, as he seemed embarrassed enough, he whispered to my mom. She nodded her head and quickly I was taken to the front of the restaurant where they were making pastries and cakes. I smoothed down my dress and looked at him concerned, "What else are you hiding Moore?"

"Enough that you have to keep it a secret."

Illıllı