Nandini turned her head towards him and said playing along. They were now merely inches apart and their noses were touching.

Manik- Let me show you rather than telling in words.

Saying this, Manik leaned towards her lips and she closed her eyes feeling his hot breath on her face.

Manik's trance broke on hearing Aadhya's voice who was cutely arguing with her mother to win the vegetable battle.

Aadhya- but mom even dad is not eating them, why are not telling him?

Aadhya complained cutely and scrunched her nose looking at the vegetables that were piled up on one side of her plate.

Nandini (whispers to herself)- like father like daughter

Nandini- because your dad does what he likes to, I am no one to tell him what to do and what not to. He is not a kid anymore.

Aadhya- I am also not a small kid, I am FIVE now. I won't have these.

Aadhya declared making Nandini slightly irritated,

Nandini- Aadu

Manik(cuts her off)- Princess, mom is telling you to have these for your own good. Vegetables will give you energy and then we can play more.

Aadhya- then you will also need more energy, you also have them.

Manik was about to reply to her when he heard Nandini's voice calling him.

Nandini- Manik,

Manik's eyes turn towards Nandini. His name sounded so pure when taken by her.

Nandini- Please have the vegetables, she is as stubborn as you, she won't have them unless you have it.

Manik nodded his head and started swallowing the vegetables. Nandini gestured Aadhya to finish the vegetables in her plate as well. Both father and daughter started gulping the vegetables in, making a bad face. After finishing half of the vegetables, they passed each other a look and then started throwing pleading looks towards Nandini. Nandini laughed inwardly looking at their cute faces but she maintained a strict face.

Nandini(sternly)- I want these to be finished.

Manik and Aadhya(together)- Please, we have had half of these.

Nandini- huff, fine

An ear-to-ear grin spread on their faces. Aadhya left the plate there and ran to her room at the speed of lightning. Nandini started clearing the dishes and Manik too picked up the bowls to take them to the kitchen sink when he was stopped by Nandini's voice,

Nandini- it's okay, you can go. I'll do this alone.

Manik- I don't want you to be alone in anything Nandini.

His sentence made her turn towards him with a jerk.

Nandini- No need, I have learned to handle things alone.

Both of their eyes held some unknown emotions. For someone else, these sentences would have meant nothing but only the two souls standing there could understand the hidden meaning behind these statements.

A feeling of awkwardness surrounded them. The events that had taken place in the past started running in front of their eyes like a movie.

Manik came out of his thoughts and tried to change the topic to lighten up the atmosphere.

Manik- we have a meeting tomorrow at 11am with Mr. Mehta to discuss about the purchase of raw materials and other investments for the project.

Nandini- yes, Sanya had informed me.

Manik and Nandini said together,

Manik- so we can go together.

Nandini- so I will see at the office directly.

They looked at each other. At that moment, Nandini's phone pinged with a message and that burst the balloon of awkwardness surrounding them. Nandini read the message and her eyes widened,

Nandini- What?!

Manik- what happened?

Manik asked with concern but instead of answering him Nandini straight away went to Aadhya's room followed by him.

Nandini- Aadu, do you have your ptm tomorrow?

Aadhya- yes mom, I am sorry I forget to tell you.

Manik- what time is the ptm?

Nandini- At half past 9 in the morning.

Manik- so that's ok, we can manage. First, we can go to her school together and then we can go to the office directly from there.

Nandini- Okay. Anyway, Aadhya was coming to the office with us as Navya isn't here so I couldn't have left her alone at home.

Manik- ok so, good night princess.

Aadhya- good night!

With this, both of them headed towards Nandini's room.

Nandini looked at Manik with raised eyebrows.

Manik- what? stop staring.

Nandini- what do you think you are doing in my room?

Manik- I have come here to sleep.

.......................

Hey!

So how was the chapter?

How was the old memory that Manik got reminded of?

What was your favourite moment from the chapter?

DON'T FORGET TO HIT THE STAR BUTTON AND LEAVE YOUR PRECIOUS COMMENTS.

I will see you super soon with the next chapter. Stay Tuned!

Thank you,

Best Wishes!

Inaayat