END 2: Bakugou Katsuki

Start from the beginning

Waiting for Katsuki to blow up or make fun of you, you were tense. What you hadn't expected was for him to lean down and kiss you hard, nearly knocking you backwards. Keeping you up, Katsuki rested a hand on your lower back, and your eyes finally fluttered to a close, your hands resting behind his neck.

In all your dreams, you could not have seen this reaction coming, but you weren't complaining. You just pushed yourself harder into him to deepen the kiss before you had to pull away, cheeks flushed heavily as you tried to catch your breath.

"I . . . Fuck, I'm not good with this shit," Katsuki muttered through gritted teeth, red eyes meeting yours. "I like you too, dumbass. That's why I couldn't let you leave."

You knew full well that Katsuki had an issue with feelings and words, and so hearing even this from him had your heart beating erratically in your chest. Before you knew it, a wide and genuine grin broke your awestruck façade, and you gave a breathy laugh.

"Somehow, along the way, I fell for you. I love you, Katsuki."

Your confession had his eyes widen, before he seared your mouth in another heated kiss, clutching you close as if his life depended on it.

While you were sad to have parted from your friends and little brother, that was okay — being here, in Katsuki's arms, you had a feeling that everything would be just fine.

—·—·—

Three years later . . .

"Holy hell, I can't believe we graduated!"

Grinning over at Denki, you nudged your elbow into his side. "I was pretty confident in myself, but you? Hmmmm."

As your group of friends laughed at Denki's expense, you felt your phone go off in your pocket. Despite knowing who it was and what the text probably said, you opened it nonetheless, smile turning wry.

To: [Y/n]
From: Explodey 💖💖

[6:23 PM]: Where the fuck are you? You wanted to leave at 6:30.

Even dating, it was nice to see that something's never changed. Leaning over your shoulder, Mina read your text out loud.

"'Leave at 6:30'... Where y'all off to?"

"My world."

Eijirou hadn't been with your group when you went there, but the other three had been as they all gave you shocked looks. You laughed at their reactions, quickly elaborating. "Not to stay," you told them. "We're just visiting my aunt and brother, I haven't seen Gon since the dumbass got out of the hospital for fighting some mutant ant."

Your friends and you had been filled in on the Chimera Ant situation, and whew were you happy to not have been involved in that mess.

Hanta raised an eyebrow, grinning. "I thought Bakugou and your aunt don't get along well."

Memories of the few times they met immediately surfaced in your mind, causing you to grimace. "I . . . don't think Katsuki gets along with anybody, to be honest. But yeah, Aunt Mito is not a fan, but I promised her I would visit her after graduation."

The black-haired teen patted your shoulder sympathetically.

"Good luck."

Your phone buzzed again, causing you to huff and finally type out a reply.

To: [Y/n]
From: Explodey 💖💖

[6:23 PM]: Where the fuck are you? You wanted to leave at 6:30.
[6:29 PM]: Don't leave me on read and answer me! Are we still going?!

To: Explodey 💖💖
From: [Y/n]

[6:29 PM]: okok i'm leaving rn. be there soon, ily 😘💕

Turning the screen off, you gave your friends a hasty goodbye before leaving the campus for what may be the last time. You wish Katsuki had stuck around for after the ceremony, but like always, he had immediately left to avoid social interaction with the "extras" of 3-A.

Making it to your meeting place in record time, you weren't surprised when you saw him waiting impatiently in the dimly lit park. Upon seeing his disapproving glare, you gave him a sheepish smile and hurriedly gave an apology.

"Sorry, I know we'll only be gone for about a week, but I wanted to say 'goodbye' to everybody!"

Your boyfriend of three years grumbled, and you took that as his forgiveness as you hugged him and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Is that it?"

Katsuki was swift to retaliate, capturing your lips in a real kiss, heated but short.

After all, you two had places to be. Pulling back from the kiss, you reminded him just as much. "Aunt Mito is waiting, we better go." You chose to ignore the scowl on your boyfriend's face at the mention of your visit, only rolling your eyes as you spoke to Ai.

Can you open the portal now?

Ai! ♥

Sure enough, Ai was quick to open the portal, opening it as easily as opening a door, now. Three years left a lot of time for practice, and you and Ai communicated on a day-to-day basis now, with them occasionally "leaving" to give you and your boyfriend alone time.

At least they were considerate.

Interlacing your fingers with Katsuki's, you gave him a dazzling grin, nodding your head to the portal.

"You ready?"

The 19-year-old grumbled, a scowl on his face. "To get yelled at by your fucking aunt? I guess."

You couldn't help the laughter that left you, and without any further ado, you both stepped through the portal onto the grassy fields of Whale Island, finally ready to tell Aunt Mito that you had done it.

You were now officially a hero, and this was only the start of your journey.