Chapter Eighty-Three: Red Cardinal

Oshita, Rakuken, and Shizen had finally finished their second year of high school which began their summer vacation. Yuruso was occupied with business in Yugana so he was unable to hang out with them at the moment. Rakuken had persuaded Oshita and Shizen to come with her to visit Vules after school.

The three of them had arrived in front of Vules's door. Rakuken then went to knock on his door. The three of them then heard footsteps walking towards the door as it got louder.

The door opened which revealed Vules, a somber expression on his face. "Why are you three here?" he asked.

It was obvious that the gishi was in a state of deep grief ever since the death of Ataeru. "We wanted to check if you were okay-"

"I'm fine." Vules said before closing the door on them.

Rakuken then held the door, stopping the door from closing. "You're obviously not fine Vules. I know Ataeru's death was really upsetting but locking yourself up in your house isn't healthy. I can also tell that you haven't eaten in a couple of days judging on how slowly you're moving."

Rakuken then took off her backpack and unzipped it. She then took out her lunchbox and took out a croissant from inside. "Here." she offered.

"I'm fine-"

The red-haired gishi shoved the piece of bread in his mouth anyway. "You aren't fine. Let's go outside and buy some flowers for Ataeru. Afterwards, we can visit her grave."

"Do you think Ataeru would want to see a coward like me in death?" Vules spoke as he took the croissant out his mouth. "I can't face Ataeru myself.. all I've done is leave my friends to die."

"It wasn't your fault Vules, so stop blaming yourself! Kireina was the one who caused all the deaths of your friends, not you!" Rakuken said. "And Ataeru would be happy to see you Vules. So please, come out of your house and buy flowers for her. I'll even pay for them."

"Fine.." Vules reluctantly complied before eating a piece of the croissant that Rakaken gave him.

Vules then stepped out of his house and closed the door behind him. Rakuken then started to walk to the nearest flower shop as Oshita, Shizen, and Vules went to follow her.

Eventually, they arrived in front of the entrance of a flower shop. The three of then went inside shortly afterwards. Vules looked at the variety of flowers displayed before picking one. He had chosen a few aster flowers that possessed the color of light violet- similar to an amethyst gemstone.

"Are you sure that you only want those flowers?" Rakuken asked.

"Yes. Ataeru liked simple things, so I think she'll like these flowers." Vules said.

"I see." Rakuken said as she took her wallet out. "I'll pay for them now."

Vules then went to hand the flowers to Rakuken. The crimson-haired then took the flowers from him and went to the cashier. Shortly after, she had paid for the flowers and gave the flowers back to him.

The four of them then walked out of the shop. "Thank you, Rakuken." Vules spoke.

"There's no need to thank me Vules." Rakuken smiled. "Now we just have to go to Tengoku to deliver those flowers to Ataeru."

Vules nodded. "We'll go somewhere secluded so I can open the portal to Tengoku."

Vules then started walking to an alleyway, the three following after him. He then went to create a portal to Tengoku, eventually making it the appropriate size in a short amount of time. Rakuken, Oshita, and Shizen walked inside the portal. Vules walked in shortly afterwards.