Ch 16 "Bubbles"

TW!!!! Suicide, Self Harm, Confrontation, Domestic Abuse

Karl POV

We're driving to the address, it's located pretty close, a 23 minute drive. But I'll make it longer.

I don't know how to feel about the dinner, but I do know that Sapnap's been silent for the first 6 minutes. No music on or anything. Just the creak of my foot popping as I hold the gas pedal.

Sapnap's fidgeting with his sleeve.

He's probably nervous.

Heck I'm nervous.

"Talk to me, Sap, you have gotta be thinking something."

"I'm just worried. I don't want to lash out, I don't want to make a scene, but I don't know if I have enough willpower to stop myself. I don't know. Last I saw her she was yelling at my dad and then yelled at me because I was going to Dream's house." He sighed letting his thoughts go. I hated this for him. I hated that he has had such a difficult relationship with the people he should always have by his side.

"Hey, I can't say you won't lash out, but if you do, you do. But hey, I'll be there, I'll try to help you as much. I'm sorry about all of this, though, seriously this sucks." I wish I had the words to tell him it's all going to be ok, but I don't know that, I don't know them. I know Sapnap. I met Sapnap, the family hasn't, his mom doesn't know the Sapnap I know, so I only know him, they don't so I pray they don't screw something up.

"It's fine, I'm just very scared." He sighs a wavering breath that screamed fearfulness.

"It's ok to be scared, I'm scared too... did you happen to let Dream know what you're doing?" Dream probably should know, but that's up for Sapnap to determine.

"No, I'm only telling you about this unless later I bring it up with him." I lay my hand on his thigh. He looks up to me, I see the scarce stability in his eyes, his brunette eyes deep with my affection but reflective of his heart's deep terror he feels.

He lays a hand on mine and he sits up. His hand was warm though I bet he's got goosebumps from the rising reality showing up in the window shield.

I make the drive 25 minutes, 2 minutes after arrival time. Perfectly on time.

The house was beautiful, a beautiful ranch house, with red paneling and black shutters and a beautiful rock sidewalk. I see a there was a basketball hoop and a net in the drive way.

For the kids.

I look to Sapnap and I unbuckle. He looks to me, my hand still in his lap.

"I'm scared."

"Me too, but hey we can get through this together, let's go, eat some burgers, and head home yeah?" I suggested with a warm smile trying to provide some type of comfort to the boy.

"Ok... I don't really feel like telling them about you and I, I can't handle too many things and I'm just worried." He expresses lightly.

"Totally cool, besides they don't need to know that." I agree.

I still can't believe that in a library I found out that I have a boyfriend.

Sapnap is mine, finally.

I unbuckle, "you ready?" I ask caringly, looking at the boy as I took my hand away from him.

"Yeah. Let's just eat and get over with this." Sapnap opens his door and so do I but the first thing I see is two girls, running towards us.