5: His Brother's Fan

Start from the beginning

"Shoto! Your home!" The girl said, approaching the two of us. I stood a little behind Shoto, already feeling a bit intimidated. "You must be (y/n)! We've heard so much about you," her smile was sweet as she held out her hand for me to shake. I smiled politely at her, shaking her hand before bowing.

"Thank you for letting me into your home," I said politely and she chuckled.

"No need to thank us! I'm glad we can finally meet, I'm Fuyumi and this is Natsuo," she gestured the guy who had now approached us, him having a nice casual smile.

"Hello," I bowed towards him too.

"I'll make us all a pot of tea," Fuyumi announced and I stiffened.

"O-oh, please don't trouble yourself on my account-,"

"Thanks Fuyumi," Shoto said simply, taking ahold of my hand again and pulling me towards the island that had stools around it. I perched upon one next to Shoto, both Fuyumi and Natsuo making conversation with me. I soon felt comfortable around the pair of them, they were both incredibly kind and talkative. I was surprised that such amazing and kind people had someone so harsh as Enji Todoroki as a father.

We heard the sliding door to the kitchen open behind us, and shivers ran down my spine when I heard the voice. "Hey, is this Shoto's girl?" The voice of Dabi, my favourite pro hero, the pro hero I had an enormous crush on, spoke. My heart was beating rapidly and I almost jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand on my shoulder. My body was rigid but I managed to move my head to look at the hand, seeing the familiar sleeve of Dabi.

Immediately I let out a squeak, turning my head sharply towards him and seeing him standing there with a sweet smile plastered on his face. I could barely believe I was standing in front of him, let alone him actually having his arm around my shoulders. "Aw, you have such a cute quirk!" He praised and I felt my throat go completely dry. "I'm Dabi, but you can call me Toya. I'm Shoto's eldest brother-,"

"She knows who you are," Shoto's voice snapped me from my stare I held on my favourite pro hero, and I was a little shocked when my boyfriend actually slapped his brothers hand off of my shoulder.

"Aw, you're protective aren't you Shoto?" Dabi teased and Shoto just scoffed.

"Are you back for the day?" Fuyumi asked Dabi and he shrugged.

"Probably, unless I'm called out but I doubt I will be, not with dad now in action," Dabi said, taking his cup as Fuyumi poured the tea. "So, it's (y/n) isn't it?"

"Y-y-yes!" I squeaked, trying my hardest not to embarrass myself.

"Aw you're cute! I can see why Shoto likes you," he said and I thought I was having a heart attack, unable to believe he was actually calling me cute. Suddenly I felt a hand grab mine, and I glanced round to see Shoto holding onto it tightly, Dabi then chuckling a little after noticing Shoto's actions. "So protective," he chuckled and Shoto squeezed my hand tighter.

"O-ow," I mumbled under my breath, turning to him. He glanced down and softened his grip, sending me an apologetic look.

"Well how about we train together! I'd love to see the full extent of your quirk (y/n), it's very cute and I'd love to see everything in your arsenal," Dabi said and I thought my heart was going to explode.

"Actually we had things planned-,"

"Yes!" I snatched my hand away from Shoto's and clapped both of mine together excitedly, smiling brightly at my favourite hero. "I'd love that! I-if- I mean I don't want to take you away from any hero duties you're doing I just-,"

"Relax (y/n), I've got nothing on right now! I'd love to check out that quirk of yours, maybe we can have a spar... oh with Shoto of course," Dabi looked over my shoulder towards my boyfriend and I turned to see him glaring at his brother. "C'mon then, the gardens big enough."