Chapter 2 - Golden Oppertunity

"Ah, Kiyomi!" Commander Magath beamed as he very casually strolled into the brightly lit room without much regard for me. I stood awkwardly at the doorway, standing still as I watched my Commander approach the large table in the centre of the room. His tone was a stark contrast to how he usually spoke to myself or any of the other Warriors. I suppose it's supposed to be expected at this point though, right? Who would speak kindly to someone with the Devils blood coursing through their veins? I know if I was a Marleyan I probably wouldn't.

I'd assumed he probably wanted me to follow him into the peculiar room so I cautiously stepped inside. I examined the room. I immediately caught the sight of one woman and two men. The woman was sitting at the end of the large table that took up most of the space in the room, with both men at each of her sides.. I immediately recognised the woman. Kiyomi Hizaru. The Hizaru are renowned for their breath taking technological advancements and scientific geniuses. I've looked up to her for as long as I could remember. You could say I was more than a little surprised to see her here.

However, now wasn't the time to be fangirling. Especially not in front of Commander Magath. Kyomi smiled warmly at me as Commander Magath greeted her with a stern shake of his hand. I gave her a respectful nod back. What else could I do?

She smiled at me? Why? Did she not know I was an Eldian? Did she know I had the blood of the Devil coursing through my veins? Or was she actually trying to be nice? No, no one is ever 'nice' for no reason. I've learned that the hard way.

The woman then averted her gaze towards me. I smiled sheepishly at her, not knowing exactly what to do. She began approaching me. The clink of her heels echoed off the walls. I stood as still as a rock, maintaining eye contact with Kiyomi. I'd never been in a situation like this before, so I didn't exactly know what to do except stand there awkwardly whilst commander Magath stared daggers into my soul.

"Ah, you must be the Warrior I've heard all about. Cisco Fisache, correct?" She spoke whilst extending her hand towards me, initiating a handshake. Her voice was quiet, almost calming. A far contrast to Commander Magath's voice, that's for sure. I hesitantly took her hand and shook it. 'Just what is this lady playing at? She ought to know I'm an Eldian so why is she being so nice?'

"Yes. It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Hizaru." I replied in the most manneristic tone I could. We both released our handshake after a few seconds. Her hands felt soft, clean. Mine were covered with scars and scrapes and dirt and other varying things I'd rather not mention. Most people would grimace at even being in the same room as a 'filthy Eldian', and yet this woman had so casually shook my hand.

Kiyomi did not waste another second before speaking again. "I've heard a lot of things about you, Cisco Fisache. The Hizaru are certainly very impressed by your numerous revolutionary inventions. You've made quite a name for yourself at only fourteen years old. Marley is very lucky to have you." She averted her gaze towards commander Magath as she spoke the last part of her sentence.

My face suddenly became hot and a big hue of crimson red spread rapidly across my cheeks. I wasn't used to being complimented, especially by someone I admire so dearly, so this was certainly a first for me. I hesitated for a few seconds before speaking.

"Thank you, Miss Hizaru. It is an honour hearing such high praise, especially from a greatly respected woman such as yourself." I replied calmly whilst giving her a small smile. Sure, I looked calm and collected on the outside, but on the inside I was completely loosing myself. Nerves and excitement bundled up together, I could hardly think straight.

Of course, before Kiyomi could reply, we were abruptly interrupted by Commander Magath, who cleared his throat loudly in order to avert our attentions back into him. For a moment I almost forgot that the old Commander was in the room. For a moment I was able to relish in the excitement of meeting my childhood hero. But only for a moment.