It really gets to a time where you no longer have a point to turn to.

In desperate measures, even escape also have its least probability.

Y/n was a soldier.

She was raised to follow her superior no matter what orders they would say as long as after all this, they would gain something equally or more valuable.

But right now, Y/n had to make her own decision to follow. It was a wager she'll have to risk with the price of her life as she met up with the two traitors once again that new morning.

Locking eyes with them, Y/n inhaled deep. Her fist was really cold and her knees were softening in both fear and nervousness.

"I can't do it..." she mumbled enough for them to hear.

Reiner's eyes darkened, bringing out his sword and swayed it in front of her. Unable to pull her sword in defense, she hand no choice but shield herself with her arm and  ducked down, kicking the blond by the stomach and pushed him away.

She then ran her way to Bertordt, doing a strong jab on his jawline. The tall man tilted aside but Reiner managed to get over the pain and tackled her down on the ground.

"Bertoldt, call everyone!"  Reiner ordered him.

Y/n felt like her blood ran cold the moment he said that. Why would he call them? Her temples were pounding as she tried to think what could've been his plan.

"Once they're all here. You're going to admit your crime." Reiner threateningly told her as she tried pushing his weight off of her.

"I told you, I can't!" she screamed in frustration. She didn't want to betray her brother. She didn't want to hurt her friends.

"Listen well, Y/n! Once everyone is here and you haven't admitted the crime, Bertoldt and I are going to transform. Do you know how strong that explosion would be? It will kill everyone in this field!" He shouted.

The girl's eyes widened. Her heart was racing so bad her arms started to get wobbly.

She wanted to cry. Damn she wanted to right now. "Why are you doing this to me?" She asked, her voice croaked, hating the situation even more.

Reiner felt hurt too, looking at how broken Y/n looked right now. But he had to do this. They were ordered to do this. "I don't have a choice, Y/n!" He responded.

The girl punched his nose in anger, switching places with him as she now sat on his stomach. Her fists making contact to his face again and again. The blonde accepted it without fighting back until the heard that amount of steps coming.

"Y/n!" The girl's heart dropped as soon as she heard Eren's voice.

The girl quickly left Reiner's weakened but conscious body, clenching her bloodied fist as everyone stopped. A few meters in front of her.

Everyone looked at her then to Reiner's current state. Bertoldt was shocked too but he stuck to the plan. "Y/n suddenly tried to kill us!" He explained. "Reiner told me to ask for help so I quickly..." his voice slowly faced as he watched Y/n smiled.

"This is annoying." The girl spoke coldly.

"What are you doing?" Levi asked back, a frown deep in his face as he looked at the gash on the girl's uniform. Even the otherworldly people stared at her, their own hearts were pounding in fear of what was happening right now.

"Y/n, speak." Levi once again told her.

Y/n hardly swallowed. The lump on her throat was getting painful with her heart getting squeezed too much it was almost hard to breathe.