0.8

Esmeralda stroked her daughters hair gently as her hard breaths filled the room.

She failed as a mother.

She wanted all her children to have the best but she wasn't the best.

"Hey belleza" Fernando smiled lightly "How is she?"

"Fine so far, her breathing seems okay" she shrugged "You can tell Manuel that when she stopped breathing it had no impact on her whatsoever"

"Let's keep an eye on that for a while" he nodded.

She smiled and let a lone tear run down her cheek.

"S-She needs a chance" she whispered "Just once"

"And she has one belleza" he cupped her face "no more tears okay belleza?"

She nodded slowly as he wiped her tears.

"I love you so much," he whispered.

"I love you more" she whispered, placing her lips on his.

He kissed her back gently, enjoying the sparks that flew around.

She bit back her moan and ran a hand through his semi long blond hair, messing it up.

"God, I love you" he whispered and she placed her head on his chest, listening to his calm heartbeat.

"It's bedtime" he whispered and picked her up, placing a kiss on his daughter's forehead.

***

Avarez knocked on his father's door and he entered once he heard a rough 'come in'

"Hey dad," he smiled, slipping into a seat.

"Hey son" he smiled, exhaustion hidden underneath the heavy bags under his eyes "What is the reason for your visit"

"So mom's birthday and mother's day is in a few days" he started making Fernando curse.

"9th?" he cursed "shit"

"You have been soo busy so I figured you forgot" he smiled sheepishly.

"We were planning something" he smiled "A whole day just about mama"

"That's a great idea" he smiled "we should have breakfast in bed first"

"Same thing I said then a surprise party later?" he asked fiddling with his thumbs.

"She deserves something extravagant after the weeks she has had" he sighed.

Avarez nodded in agreement.

"Who's making the breakfast" Avarez cocked a brow.

"Me of course" Fernando smirked, making him groan.

"Don't burn down the house with Mena and mama in it" he said, jumping out of his chair.

"What about your brothers?" Fernando asked.

"Would that change anything?" he smirked, making Fernando chuckle.

***

A F E W D A YS L A T E R

Ximena ran her hand through her scars.

Her imperfections.

Everyone had them but her's scared her.

No one was going to love her.

The door pushed open and she pushed her yellow sundress down.

"Ava" she squealed, happy when she saw her oldest brother.