Lauren watched as Camila strummed a few chords to check if the guitar was in tune, and then she felt her way to the correct spot on the fretboard. Before beginning, she strummed the chord to check if it was correct. After deciding that it was, she started to play the song and began to sing along.

        "Every day is so wonderful. Then suddenly, it's hard to breathe. Now and then, I get insecure. From all the pain, I'm so ashamed." Camila sang with her crispy, Mezzo-soprano voice ringing though the room as it bounced off the walls.

        Lauren watched her with amusement, as she took in how passionate she was when playing the song. Never in her life had she seen someone perform with so much enthusiasm. She continued to watch, as Camila sang the chorus.

        "I am beautiful no matter what they say. Words can't bring me down. I am beautiful in every single way. Yes, words can't bring me down, ohh, no. So don't you bring me down today."

        As she continued through the rest of the song, Lauren could have sworn she was at a concert watching a world-famous musician play her hit single for thousands upon thousands of fans. She remembered, however, that it was only the two of them, and it was all just for her. Lauren had never felt so special, so wanted in her life. It was then that she realized how much Camila seemed to really appreciate her being there. They had grown so close over these past few days, and she felt a bond with Camila that she has never felt to anyone else before. She hadn't felt this way around Vero, Brad, or any of the people that have been a part of her past. Camila was special to her, and she had a home in her heart now that would never allow her to be evicted. 

        Camila finished the song, while managing to successfully hit the high note that was at the end of the bridge of the song. Lauren stood up and clapped for her with a bright smile, which caused Camila's face to light up immediately.

        "You liked it?" she asked.

        "I loved it!" Lauren exclaimed. "Why are you not doing anything for a music career?"

        "I didn't think they'd want me because I was blind, but Lauren, you've made me realize that maybe they might. I've always been confident with my voice, but I just didn't think there was a place for me in the industry." Camila explained.

        "There is definitely a place for you, Camila. You should honestly think about auditioning for 'The Voice' or something!" 

        "Maybe. On one condition. You come with me and audition as well." she proposed.

        "It's a deal." Lauren accepted.

        "Okay. Now, what would you like for dinner? I was thinking that we could have an early one since we happened to miss lunch." she changed the subject.

        Lauren agreed and told her that spaghetti and meatballs sounded appetizing, so they decided to make it for dinner. While they cooked and ate together, they talked about how Lauren would do research about when the next auditions for 'The Voice' were and what they planned on auditioning with. Camila decided immediately upon 'Beautiful', while Lauren decided upon 'Still Into You' by Paramore, who was another of her musical influences. Camila had also brought up that Lauren's voice seemed to be a good match to Hayley Williams's, since they both had smooth, melodic voices. She also had said that they had similar vocal ranges. Lauren agreed with everything that she had to say, and she further agreed that it was excellent auditioning choice.

        When they had finished their meals and the cleaning up that followed, Camila and Lauren decided to continue with the reading of 'The Great Gatsby'. Together, they sat on the couch as they had earlier, and Lauren picked up where she left off. Lauren successfully got through at least three chapters, before she realized that it was already six o'clock. She shut the book closed, which caused Camila to have a look of confusion.

        "Why did you stop reading?" she asked Lauren.

        "It's six. I usually leave around this time." Lauren explained.

        "You can stay longer if you want to. I'm not going to kick you out. I really enjoy your company, and I would love to hear more of the story if you don't mind."

        "Sure. I'll stay a while." she said, smiling.

        Lauren continued to read till it was nine o'clock, and Camila hadn't realized how long she had kept her there. When Lauren shut the book closed again, Camila looked in Lauren's direction.

        "It's nine o'clock now, Camila. I should really get home and e-mail Mr. Holland." Lauren explained.

        "Oh. I'm sorry to have kept you so late, Lauren. I hadn't realized the time, since I was enjoying your company so much."

        "It's alright. I was enjoying my time with you as well."

        Camila smiled, then stood up as a gesture of dismissal to Lauren. When she stood up, Camila held her arms out to Lauren so she could hug her. Lauren accepted the hug gratefully and placed her forehead on Camila's shoulder, as she did the same.

        "Thank you for being such a great person and an amazing friend." Camila mumbled into Lauren's shoulder.

        "And you too, Camila. You're the best friend that I've ever had." Lauren replied, as the word 'friend' stung in her throat.

        They both pulled apart and they said their goodbyes. On the drive home, Lauren thought about their day together and how she honestly thought she was being to see Camila as more than a friend. Like yesterday, all possibility of that being true was destroyed whenever Camila called her 'friend'. It's not like she desperately wanted Camila to like her in that way, but at the same time, she didn't just want to be friends. Lauren didn't think she was crushing, because she never had the urge to kiss her or anything, but at the same time, she wouldn't have minded getting a kiss. Her feelings were all jumbled up, but it was something that Lauren could shake off for now.

        When she arrived home after a thoughtful ride, she opened her laptop and logged into her e-mail account. She clicked on the 'compose' button, then entered Mr. Holland's address into recipient's text box. Then, Lauren began to type a message to him about what had happened that day. She typed:

Dear Mr. Holland,

        I apologize for not coming in today, as I stayed late with Camila today. I've found out some interesting things about Camila today. First, she loves it when you read to her. She had me read a few chapters of 'The Great Gatsby' today, and she was more than please. Camila also has a television set in her living room. It confused me at first, but then I understood. She explained to me that she listens to TV, and she envisions what she hears from shows and movies in her own mind. She had me listen to an episode of 'FRIENDS' with her today, and it was actually quite fun until we were distracted by the theme song. 

        Camila showed me her music room, which has some guitars and a piano in it. Then she performed a song for me while playing the guitar. She has a lot of talent and potential, Mr. Holland. I even convinced her that she should audition for 'The Voice', as long as I did it with her. Hopefully it's alright that we do that. 

        We also finished the day by having a meal of spaghetti and meatballs. As I was actually about to leave at the normal time, she requested that I read more to her, and I ended up being kept until nine. You don't have to pay me overtime for that, because I stayed there on my own accounts. I enjoy spending time with Camila, as she does with me. Honestly, I don't know how I could ever repay you for such an amazing job and experience. I'll try to see you at normal time tomorrow. 

Have a good day,

Lauren

        She clicked the 'send' button, and she shut her laptop for the night. After doing the usual routine of getting into pyjamas, brushing her teeth, and washing her face, Lauren got into bed. As she laid there, all of her thoughts went to Camila. Did she really have a crush on Camila? Or did Camila have a crush on her? She didn't know, but she pondered around these questions until she finally drifted into a deep sleep for the night.