14- Kinda Scared of You Now

Start from the beginning

Speaking of, Professor Mcgonagall spoke, "Ms. Malfoy I wish to apologize to you. I was very hard on you, and I sincerely regret letting you leave my office with that... that..."

"Asshole? Dickhead?" She offered.

The Staff looked at Mcgonagall surprisingly as she responded, "Yes, that exactly. Now I will go and fetch your purse while you rest." Aurora thanked her as she left.

Snape stood as well. He looked almost queasy, "You will meet me at Kings Cross Station after the train ride. I have prepared a room for you in my home in London." She didn't even get the chance to nod before he swept out of the room.

Madam Pomfry was taking blood from her arm, checking to make sure that she had no lasting affects after her torture. Once she declared that no lasting damage had been done, she moved two beds down to check on another patient who was still awake. She turned to Dumbledore.

"Ms. Malfoy, I have to ask. What did Professor Quirrell threaten you with?"

She had to make it believable. She obviously could not say 'Tom Riddle', so instead she blurted, "My brother."

Draco faced her immediately. "Really?" He whispered, "you went through all of that for me?"

She honestly wished it had been him, and not Tom. With this in mind, she simply said, "Yes, of course. I would do anything for you, Draco." He did not say anything as he went back to playing with the ends of her hair, deep in thought.

"Very well, thank you for telling me this. I also wish to apologize to you. I was much too hard on you in our previous meeting. You are an extraordinary witch, to juggle so much at once. You have done Hogwarts a great service." He left.

She had no idea how exactly she did anything good, considering she just mainly helped the bad guy. When Professor Mcgonagall brought back her bag, she was relieved to see that Tom was still inside the diary. She could not face him, not now.

Aurora spent the next few hours pretending to sleep, but really, there was only one person on her mind.

***

The next couple of days was a blur for Rory. She was still confined to her bed in the hospital wing, and Madam Pomfry had her on multiple different potions for the after effects of the cruciatis curse. She had started getting horrible joint pains and random spasms throughout her body, making the pain nearly intolerable.

She barely recalled Harry talking to her, but she was so high on medical potions that she didn't remember the conversation. It was currently the last day of school, mid afternoon, and Draco was packing away her things from the ROFR. His friends, minus Pansy, who really only hung around her when Draco was near, were sitting alongside her bed.

"I'm pretty sure that Pansy's Inlove with your brother," said Daphne Greengrass as she braided the left side of Aurora's white hair.

She scrunched her nose, "Gross. You might want to tell her that he's into Theo, it'd be hilarious."

She heard Theo snort, and he moved to her right. "I'm going to do this side, Daphne." He said as he started to fiddle around with her white waves, "I personally think that your brother has too much of a fuckin' ego to think of anyone but himself. Besides you, 'course."

She smiled softly at that comment. She really did not want to part with her brother over the holidays. She did not want to be alone, because when she inevitably was, she knew that he would come out. Aurora just wasn't ready to see his face.

She wondered if his eyes would still be that terrible red colour.

"You should've seen him while you were knocked out. A bloody mess, he was," said Blaise, "although I guess Draco has to have some redeeming qualities..." he trailed off.