ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜: 𝔻𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕤

Start from the beginning

After that encounters over I head back to my office and proceed to finishing up some remaining documents and checking emails... finally, once it's almost the end of my shift I final start some much required updating hoping it won't fry my desktop with the amount it needs 😅.

...

"Remind me, why haven't we left yet." Shizu states the question.

"Because I need to keep an eye on the instalment."

"Why?"

"Cause if I don't now, and it turns out it needs a secondary instalment, I'll have to do it tomorrow and that'll be irritating."

"Right and taking care of your own wellbeing isn't."

"Can't take care of something that died long ago."

"Oh my God your insufferable when your tried without caffeine."

"Hehe, happy bean juice makes my brain go zoomie zoomie!"

"Oh my god..."

After another couple of hours of transferring work and updates. I finally manage to finish up and head home at around seven. "You know your meant to finish work at five, right?" Shizu yawns.

"What else do you have planned? *Le Gasp* Are seeing someone else?! I feel so betrayed!" I mock, placing a hand to my forehead dramatically as I skip along the path talking to myself aloud.

"Ha. ha. your hilarious."

"Aww Shizu you love it~" I wiggle my fingers under my chin at them in a playful manner. We continue to walk- well Shizu floats but anyway, along the pavement in a shadier part of town near a park like area, when we're stopped but a small group of drunken men with instruments strapped to their backs. There's four of them, two at around six-foot one with light brown hair and the other blond, both hold wireless telecasters on their backs, with relatively good builds. One that's a few inches taller than me has black hair and a skinny frame, with a keytar hanging on his front. And one really short one that only just reaches my shoulder with dark brown hair, a potbelly, with a ukulele in his grasp. Looks like they've just come from some kind of bar and/or club gig.

"What's a little missy like you doing out so late?" the one who's just taller than me slurs, his hot, booze filled breath washes over me as I resist the urge to gag and cover my face. I try to walk by them, not wanting any trouble but one of the six-foot men grabs my arm and yanks me back. 

"Hey! Wh- *Hic* where do you think you're going!?" The wasted blond yells.

"Do you think your better than us?!" The midget yells as he grabs my hair to pull my face down to him with equally maybe worse breath than the first guy, but I am in no mood for any of this. The blond six-foot has his hand on the middle of my bicep in a some-what tight grip, the midget has my hair in his grasp as he shouts in my face and the other two are standing off to the side just watching, Perfect~

I move quickly and grab the midgets' shoulder and the hand he has on my hair and knee him in the stomach, he makes a pained sounded and collapses into a heap on the ground releasing his grip on my hair and curling in on himself.

"The hell- YOU BITCH!" The blond goes to make a move, probably to throw me on the ground or something. But I lift up my leg and proceed to slam my heel down on his foot, thank God I wore heels today, his grip loosens slightly and I take the opportunity to elbow him in the stomach. He also makes a pained sound but doesn't collapse, so I quickly bring my fist back up to his face and ram my knuckles into his nose, causing him to stumble back and loose his balance due to being intoxicated. Blood rushes down his face from his nose as he falls backwards and collapses onto the ground, the other two are some-what stunned and unable to grasp the situation. But the midget had other ideas and tried to grab my leg and trip me, but I hold my ground and, thanks to his minimal strength, slam my other foot down onto his head causing his head to hit the pavement with a loud crack and he becomes concussed, blood oozing out from under his head.

Now for the other two. The man with black hair and the light brown six-foot, are yelling as the crack had brought them out of their stunned state and they start pulling out their instruments. "Ohh~ so we're going there, are we?" I taunt humorously, speaking for the first time as I pull at the violin case I always have on my back. What did I forget to mention I carry around a violin? Well, how else can I protect myself without freaking people out with my magic, plus it's how this world operates. "Don't get cocky you bitch!" He yells and slams his fingers down on the keys of his, keytar. It's quite basic as he doesn't play music rather is just making noise with basic cords.

His magic finally stirs as I took the time to pull out my violin, painfully slow, and have it prepared on my shoulder with the bow hanging by my side. His magic takes the form of slow moving, glowing, slash marks flying towards me.... which I proceed to step to the side and avoid, this continues for a while as I become bored.

Guess he's the leader, must be why the other isn't joining, I ponder and finally go to make my own move as he seems to have run out of magic. Pathetic.

"Why are you just standing there like an idiot! Attack her!" He rages at the six-foot, startling him as he goes to set up his wireless telecaster, seeing as he thought his 'boss' could easily beat me. But as he fluffs about trying to set his guitar up, the black-haired dumbass continues to yell, with seemingly plenty of energy left. I raise my bow to my violin strings and with a quick few strokes I summon my magic instantly. My magic takes the form of glowing f/c strings that protrude from the strings of my violin, flying towards the men before and wrap around their limbs and torso and detaching from me to stretch to the nearest structures they could wrap around, restraining them.

"The Hell!?" The black-haired man screeches, annoying me with his excessively high-pitched voice. I stroke my violin in another rhythmic pattern and in a matter of seconds he's suspended into the air upside down, with even more string wrapping around him and part of his face, specifically his mouth. "Woah! I- I think Imma hur- ghk!" he slurs and groans before proceeding to vomit through the strings, I have to take a step back to avoid the splash radius while his poor friend has vomit splashed onto his face. Good thing they're made out of magic, wouldn't want him drowning on his own puke.

"H-hey! We're sorry alright! Please don't hurt u-!" The six foot begs pathetically with vomit partially coating the side of his face, rolling my eyes at him I interrupt him by summoning a single thread to wrap around his throat enough to make it more difficult to breath but not fully suffocating him, before I bring his face to level with mine.

"I just got off of work, running on three hours of sleep, lack of caffeine and spite. And your little group decided to fuck with me. I would recommend shutting up before I consider taking your head." I growl, extending a finger with each listing, and at the thought of decapitating him the string around his throat suddenly becomes as strong and sharp as steel, cutting at the vulnerable flesh of his neck. Tears now freely flowing down his face and visible shaking tells me he's learnt his lesson as his neck continues to leak crimson red blood that is now mixed with the sickly coloured vomit, I release his neck prompting a gasp from him and the sound of large gulps of air follow as I walk to the end of the street before I release them fully from their restraints with a thud, followed by the sound of pathetic crying as they flee to safety.

"Damn... Remind me never to mess with you when you haven't had a coffee." Shizu giggles as they continue to watch the two men struggle to pick up their friends in tears, I giggle slightly in responses as we continue making our way to our camp site with little to no trouble on the way.