"Why can't it be simple, Suguru? If we want each other, that's all that should matter."

"You're a fucking protector Y/n," his voice came out a little more frantic. "What even are your intentions with me?"

I thought for a moment as I tried to piece together what he meant... He can't seriously think I'm using him. What the hell would I even need to do that for?

I brushed my hand back through his hair, taking a deep breath to brace myself for the leap of faith I was about to make.

He either feels the same way, or I can get this heartbreak over with.

"My intentions..." I trailed off. "Well, we haven't been dating for very long, so I don't want to get too crazy just yet," I spoke playfully to try and ease some of the tension.

"But I'd still like to see your apartment. Then, I guess we can decide if we should move into your place or mine, but I have a feeling your place will be bigger."

I bit down on my lip as I watched him chuckle slightly.

"It definitely is," he teased. "So then my place?"

"Fine, your place," I agreed. "But only if we can redecorate a little."

He laughed, "You haven't even seen it yet!"

I raised my eyebrow at him, giving him a small smile.

"Fine," he rolled his eyes. "We redecorate."

"Mm, good boy."

He laughed and then licked his lips softly, bringing me into another kiss. "Then what?" he asked as he pulled apart, stopping only centimeters away from me as he smiled.

"Well, we've never really talked your thoughts on marriage and kids, but I think I want both. Someday."

His eyes started to gloss over, "I want both too."

"Hmm, interesting," I smirked at him.

"Very," he smiled back. "But even my apartment won't be enough space with kids."

"Mm," I hummed at him. "So are you thinking we should look at houses?"

"Maybe out here? In the countryside?" he asked me softly.

I nodded, "I'd love that."

He let out a loud breath, gazing around the night sky. Tears were coming to his eyes as we sat there, and I wanted so badly for him to just believe me.

"So our intentions are the same then..." he huffed out, more to himself than to me.

He finally looked back over at me, "But Y/n, we can't pretend our lives will ever mesh."

"Maybe not the ones we have now, but Suguru, we can build our own life. Together. Away from all of this."

"You want to leave?"

I touched his face softly, staring into his eyes so that he knew I meant every word, "If it means being with you, I'll do anything."

He immediately pulled me into another kiss, this time smashing his lips against mine.

His kiss was more desperate and frantic than I had ever felt before, and as his mouth moved with mine, I began to taste the saltiness of his tears.

"Suguru," I pulled back to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"I'm just so sorry," he began to cry more now as he dropped his head into my neck, burying himself into me. "I should've trusted you. I should've been there for you like I promised."