Chapter 24. The Rains of Truth

Thank you for supporting the story this far! I love it when people comment and let me know when they like something! Don't forget to smash the vote button! Thanks again!~

                                                                     .-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Yoshito POV

A month had gone by since the incident with Sayako had occurred. Although her full memory hadn't returned, I'd occasionally catch her zoning out or abruptly looking panicked as if she had been confused by an image or a voice that would force her to freeze. She'd been here nearly three whole months and the only thing that had improved was her ability to move around. The wounds she'd obtained had for the most part healed, the physical ones at least. There was no telling what kind of emotional trauma that would overtake her once everything came crashing back. And while a part of me feared for Kana and Suzi, another part of me felt that Sayako probably was just a broken young girl with a broken heart. 

As days went by, it was apparent that both Kana and Suzi were quite fond of their new guest. It would be hard to part with the Uchiha child the longer it took to recover what she'd lost. I had to admit that I'd grown fond of her myself. 

"Well shit," I sighed, scratching my head.

Kana turned to glare at me.

I put my hands up in apology and continued to drink the cold beverage she'd placed in front of me only moments ago.

Kana had already put Suzi to bed and Sayako sat outside watching the sun go down. Glancing out the window, I observed the lost girl. I sighed again.

"How many time are you going to sigh before you just spit out what exactly it is that's on your mind, Yoshito?" Kana said suddenly.

I chuckled, turning towards her.

"I was just thinking that Sayako has been with us for three months and still, nothing has changed for her."

Kana nodded.

"It seems since that rather unnerving outburst she had a month ago, she's become more distant and spacey as if her mind is elsewhere. I know she doesn't feel whole without her memories, I just wish there was more we could do for her," Kana said.

I glanced back out the window watching the raven haired kid rest her head on her knees as the sun dipped below the horizon.

"You healed her wounds but you can't heal her mind. I admit, at first I feared that she was pretending but as I've observed her, there's no way someone can fake that much mental anguish," I said, rubbing my temples.

"I never thought she was pretending, but I also never expected to see her as a part of our little family. If everything you told me about who she was is true, then she can't stay here as an Uchiha. However, it's not fair to her that she can't choose who she should be herself."

I took a deep breath, before taking a sip of my tea back at the table once again.

"There must be something we can do," I groaned.

The front door of the house opened and closed seconds later as Sayako made her presence known in the kitchen. She gave a small smile before she spoke.

"I'm going up to my room for the night. Goodnight Kana, goodnight Yoshito," she said, heading up the stairs towards her room.

I sat there in silence for a few moments as I scratched my chin. She'd been here in the Land of Wind for nearly three months with hardly any changes to her state. Having found her in another country all together, I almost wondered if returning briefly to where I'd found her would spark anything. I sat up, inhaling sharply.