Chapter 1 (first meeting)

Start from the beginning

" You are not a social person," Sana Mehmal Mamu's daughter told Mehmal. " No, actually, I don't know you guys. I enjoy gatherings and weddings. But maybe we didn't get a chance to get to know each other, but after Sarah's wedding, I'll keep in touch with you guys," she said, and Sana talked and got along well. When Zaryab returned after dinner, he saw Mehmal laughing with Mujtaba and Sana, teasing him a little, and he and Sana were blushing. Mujtaba already met Mehmal when he had stayed with them many times when he visited the UK for his studies. That's why they are very comfortable in each other's company.

" So bad, sana, you didn't ask your cousin for dinner," Zaryab said to her.

" Yes, but not as bad as you, who already ate without inviting us," Sana replied. " Common Mehmal, Go and have your dinner. These two will not let you eat, "Zaryab said. She smiled and nodded.

All were eating together. Sania was happy with how Mehmal got along with her cousins and here in Pakistan quickly.

" So you are closer to your father's side. Whenever you visit, we never get a chance to get along," Sana asked before Mehmal answered. Mujtaba said, "She is close to Suleman Bhai and her aunt(Father's sister)," Mujtaba said. Mujatab was the only one who was regularly in touch with Mehmal. He gets along very well with Suleman.

" Yes, he's my childhood friend and cousin. He is an obstetrician in London and helps Baba in business as well. Although he has no background in business after his father died, he handled the business with Baba and focused on his career as well," she said proudly. "Wow, impressive, "Sana and other cousins said.

Mujtaba replied, "He's a good man; I met him extremely down-to-earth, "Mehmal grinned. She appeared more at ease while talking about her cousin Suleman, Zaryab noticed.
" So, are you guys something? I mean.." the other cousin couldn't complete. Mehmal shook her head. " Oh No, No, he is already married," Mehmal clarified before everyone suspected something. What she didn't tell them was that he had just been divorced.

After coming back from Mehndi, everyone was tired. They all went to their respective bedrooms. The whole night, Zaryab and Mehmal thought about each other. Zaryab was looking at the ceiling and closed his eyes—Mehmal in Lehnga Choli's smiling. An image came in front of her. "Astaghfirullah," he mumbled. He met many times with mehmal but never showed any interest in talking and getting along well with her. Sana and her family speak with each other, but she is not someone they all have amicable relations with. Mujtaba often talks about her, but he never shows any interest.

The next day, for Ruksati, everyone goes to Banquet Hall. Zarmeena Sahiba told his son Zaryab to call his khala and Mehmal and Bring them with him to the hall as they had to go early, and Mujtaba was busy with Sara. He didn't say No when he reached the room and knocked. Sania Khala opened it.

" We are coming, just Mehmal is taking too much time, I don't know, beta. We never took this much time in our time," she said and left the room. He gave her space. " Yes, Girls, take the time, don't worry, Khala. We will wait downstairs; we still have some time," she nodded, and both came down.
" Ah, beta, I can't go up to tell Mehmal to bring my purse," Sania Sikandar said, and Zaryab nodded.

Mehmal was wearing an earring when he heard a knock. "Come in," she said. Zaryab was startled when she saw Zaryab in the mirror and turned immediately. She wasn't wearing a dupatta to cover herself. " Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were there. I thought it was a maid," Mehmal responded and hurriedly grabbed the dupatta to hide her deep-neck shirt. She typically wore her dupatta over her neck or to the side, but today, her shirt had a plunging neckline. Her mother instructed her to cover the neck side adequately.

She nodded as he replied, "Sorry, Khalla told me to bring the bag."  She adjusted her earring and said, "Yes, give me a minute. I'm ready. Will bring it down." Zaryab wanted to leave but could not move because of what he had seen. She had a stunning figure, and he could see that her deep-neck blouse made her even more attractive, but it was too much for his and every male eye in the event to handle.