BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK

Chapter 59

Peter's Pov:

"FIGHT ME." Clint screeches at Steve.

"Why would I fight you?" Steve asks, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"So we can settle this battle." Clint growls and Steve gives him a 'what?' look.

"ROOOAAAAAAAAAR." Thor comes running in wearing his dinosaur onesie.

"Did you get it? Because I'm a dinosaur." He smiles.

"Yes, I did Thor." Bruce says. "Hey why is the fridge open?"

Uh oh.

The fridge door flies open, exposing me. I grab as many grapes as I can then fill my mouth.

Delicious.

"Peter, we talked about this. Just eat them at the table."

Katy Perry's Firework comes on. "Do you ever  feel like a plastic bag"

"I'm, sorry" I frown and widen my eyes in 'sadness', "...NOT!" I jump into the fridge closing the door behind me. I eat some more grapes.

"I love this SONG!" Clint exclaims excitedly.

Steve and Clint continue fighting, with breaks for Clint to sing. Someone walks in. It better not be Pepper.

"Has anyone seen - are you seriously still fighting? And what happened in here." Pepper groans.

"Steve tried to cook again."

"Do you know that there's still a chance for you?" the music blasts.

"Hey, there's still a chance for me." Steve says smugly, probably crossing his arms.

"Katy Perry was talking to me, Steve. There's no chance for you."

"Steve we really need to get you some cooking lessons or something, this is getting out of hand." Pepper says and Sam laughs.

"BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK!" Clint sings

As long as Pepper doesn't open the fridge door I'll be fine. She's been after me since I - my thought's are cut off by my phone ringing.

The door whips open and I tumble out.

"Would you look who it is?" Pepper smirks.

"JUST OWN THE NIGHT" Clint climbs on top the counter dancing.

"...Hi Pepper," I sigh. "Ned's calling!" I quickly answer it.

"Hi Nedddddddddddddddd!"

"Hey Peter, could I drop off your homework today?" Ned asks

I look around the room.

Smoke fills the corner near the stove and there's pasta stuck to the ceiling, green beans all over the floor mixing with the miniature lake of spilled water, it smells intensely of burntness, and the fire extinguisher is laying on the counter - all the aftermath of Steve trying to cook.

"AS YOU SHOOT ACROSS THE SKY" Clint screams waving his arms

'Clint is a cool mint!' is written on the wall in peanut butter. There's a hand print made of almond butter and the cashew butter is rolling on the floor. A half eaten sandwich sits on a chair.

"BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK"

The mouldy clementine is still stuck to the ceiling.

"Sure!" I say into the phone.

"Yay! I'll be there in 45 minutes if that works."

"Okay, bye!"

"Bye"  he hangs up.

"What did Ned have to say?"

"He's going to drop off my homework."

"When?" Bruce asks sipping his freshly made tea.

"45 minutes." I answer as Stephen walks in.

"BOOM BOOM BOOM" Clint jumps up and down on the kitchen counter.

Stephen looks around the kitchen then sighs, "Nope." and walks out.

"You should tell the others." Bruce says dipping a cracker into his tea.

"Okay." I turn to Pepper, "Am I forgiven?" I smile sweetly.

She rolls her eyes, "Yes Peter. Just don't do it again" She smiles.

"EVEN BRIGHTER THAN THE MOON MOON MOON!" Clint jumps off the counter and falls to his knees.

I grab one more handful of grapes then run off to tell the others, Clint ruffling my hair as I run out.

I find Pietro playing table tennis by himself.

"Hey Cinnamon Roll!"

"Pietro? Why are you playing alone?" I ask frowning and he stops.

"No one wanted to play with me. It's still kind of fun by myself." he shrugs.

"I'll play with you." I say grabbing a paddle.

We play for a bit, whipping the ball back and forth. Each pass sending the ball faster and faster.

I stop when I remember Ned's coming and the ball smacks me straight in the chest, sending me flying.

"Sorry!!" Pietro shouts. "Are you okay Cinnamon Roll!?" He zooms over to me.

I laugh on the floor, "Yeah, I'm good. I just forgot Ned's coming, I was supposed to tell the others."

Pietro sighs in relief.

"I'll be back." I say before leaving to find some others.

After checking what felt like every room but was probably only like 10, I find Nat, Wanda and Loki watching a movie about talking cars.

"You're watching a movie without me!" I gasp as I slide across the floor so I'm positioned in front the screen.

"Shush." Loki shushes me and passes me some popcorn silently.

The three fill me in on what's going on.

We all watch intently as Lightning McQueen falls to last place.

We're on the edge of our seats and all gasp when The King crashes, and when Lightning McQueen stops we shout at the screen.

We throw popcorn and scream.

I see Loki shed a tear when they cross the finish line.

We all cry when it's over.

Then my phone rings, ruining the moment.

I mouth Ned's coming then leave the room to take the call.

"Hey Ned, are you here already?" I ask answering it.

"I was about to apologize for being late, but oh well, yeah I'm here!"

I push the elevator button, then decide to take the stairs.

"I'm on my way."

So much for telling everyone.

I see Ned in the lobby and wave.

He waves back and he gives me my homework.

"Thank you." I say, "Want to come up stairs?"

Ned's face lights up, "Sure!"