Lego Death Star

Chapter 72

"Peter! Peter! Peter!" Ned waves his hands in excitement when he sees me at school.  It's my first day back since our camping-not-camping trip and I haven't seen Ned since Loki checked me out of school.

"Ned! Ned! Ned!" I wave my arms back and we do our handshake.

"Guess what I got!" Ned beams  when we finish and I know this can only mean one thing.

"No way! I got the same thing!" I turn my backpack over and fish through it.

"You did?! When??"

"It came in the mail this morning, one sec.." I smile when I feel what I'm looking for and pull it out.

"You got it shipped to the tower? How come you didn't tell me yo- what is that?"

I hold up the gas station kitty key chain that came in the mail this morning and frown.

"You didn't... get one too?"

"No..."

"Then what did you get?"

"What did you think I got?"

"The keychain!"

"Peter, no. No." Ned looks at me and puts his hand on my shoulder. " Dude, this is so much more exciting."

"Ned!" I double chin him, taking great offence, and pet my cat keychain, "I had to fight six superheroes for this"

"And you won?" Ned looks at me skeptically.

"Dude.."

"Sorry dude, good job winning - it is a really cool keychain. Sad you only got one though... You really won?"

I ignore his last question, "I know right! You'd think a household with 17 people would got more than one gas station kitty key chains, but NO we only get one." I pout then remember Ned had gotten something.

"What did you get?!"

"You won't believe it," he quiets to a whisper and leans in to my ear, "The new lego death star!"

"DUDE what?!" I jump back

We've been talking about the lego death star for weeks now.  "How? When? Ned!!"

"I was just walking down my street, and I saw a poster for a yard sale so I went to check it out and guess what they had there!"

"No way, you got it at a yard sale?!"

"Yup!" He says proudly, "And I counted out all 4,016 peices to make sure there wasn't any missing before I bought it. And all 4,016 peices were there!"

"That's awesome, we have to build it later!"

"Come to my house sometime this week?"

"Yes!" I say excitedly, "I'll ask my fam right now!"

I pull out my phone and see the groupchat flooded with texts. It takes me forever to scroll up to the top and I read them all.

Poptart
GOOD MORNING
._______.
.__.
.____.
.______.
.___.
._$__.
SOMETHING HAPPENED TO MY WHALE
GET HELP WHAT DO I DO

high key
its too early for whales brother

Airplane
._____.
._________.
.___.

Captain Antartica
Bucky your whale's are so cute
:{D

Airplane
Thanks Steve
:{D