COSTCO

Chapter 55

Peter's Pov:

It's been two days since I saved Toot. I'm completely fine, but I still can't go to school for three more days.

Ned's delivering my homework today or tomorrow.

I walk into the kitchen after a morning of training and open the fridge.

Stephen, Sam, Loki, Rhodey, Pepper, and Happy are staying full time with us.

Scott stays here half the time, the other half he's with Cassie. Dad first, superhero second.

So there's a lot of us, it's nice.

I find a mouldy clementine, a quarter bottle of milk and a bagged sandwich.

Where did all the food go?

I think back to last night's dinner, where the seventeen of us ate 9 turkey's, 5 baguettes, 4 cauliflowers, 11 bundles of kale, 39 sweet potatoes, 6 kilograms of quinoa, one very large radish, 77 poptarts, a container of coconut oil, and a box of cereal.

I sigh and close the fridge.

I grab a warm caprisun and sit down at the island and wait for the others.

Tony arrives first, he goes straight to the fridge. "Seriously?" he mumbles under his breath before joining me at the island.

Soon everyone, except Sam and Scott, has come down, gone to the fridge, sighed, and sat down.

Sam stalks in, looks at us all, then opens the fridge. He laughs then whips around and throws the mouldy clementine at Bucky.

Bucky screams, then hits it with his metal arm like a baseball - sending it flying towards Clint. Clint smacks it at Pietro, who tosses it to Wanda.

It flies around, everyone ducking and screaming. Trying to avoid the mouldy clementine.

Someone hits it straight up and it smacks the ceiling.

We all dart away from the spot and wait for it to fall.

But it doesn't fall.

It just says there on the ceiling.

"Welp."

Scott walks in, heads to the fridge and frowns. "My... clementine."

"That was yours?" Sam snorts.

"Yeah, I was going to half some orange slices." Scott sighs as he plops down on the floor beside a roaming Toot.

We're all silent.

"We are in desperate need of groceries." Steve finally says.

"You read my mind Capsicle."

"I was thinking Costco." Nat suggests and there are some hums and nods in agreement.

There's a discussion, then it's decided we'll all go. After all, we need A LOT of food. We, by we I mean the responsible ones, split us up and make lists.

The rest of us (the less responsible ones) name out things to add to the list as we have a handstand contest.

Eventually, all the lists are made up. We pile into Scott's van, similar to the arrangement on Meet the Teacher Night, and head off.

"Costco here we come!"

There's a fight between Wanda, Tony, Stephen, and Clint over who's music should be played.

Wanda fighting for girl in red, Tony fighting for AC/DC, Stephen fighting for lofi hip hop radio - beats to study/relax to, and Clint fighting for the sake of fighting.

Somehow Stephen comes out on top, so we're all listening to lofi hip hop radio - beats to study/relax to for the way there.

Scott swerves in front of a few cars and snags us a great parking spot. We pile out and walk to the doors.

"Everyone grab two carts!" Steve says as we get to the cart section.

We form a single file line, each of our two carts separating us.

"Membership?" A worker asks Steve and he shows them his card. "Go ahead."

"Membership?" The worker asks Tony, who's next in our line.

"I'm with him, we're a family."

They look down at Tony's two carts then to Steve's. "Join your partner." they nod towards Steve.

Tony opens his mouth but the workers moved on to Bruce.

"I'm with them as well, we're a big family"

"Join your partners."

This continues for a bit, the worker looking increasingly confused with each person, until Pietro is up.

"The child? You can join your parents."

Pietro scoffs, "I'm not Yoda, I'm a dad."

The line continues and finally I get to the front.

"Hi." I smile and get a frown in return.

"Just go join your parents." The worker shoos me away, clearly Done with our large and wonderful family.

I join everyone in our huge huddle, Steve passes out the lists and earpieces so we can hear and communicate with each other. He goes over some ground rules then puts his hand in front of him.

We pile our hands on top.

"Shoppers, assemble!"