The Beginning of a Love Story

Start from the beginning

He'd spotted something blue and shiny picking it up. He examined it for a few seconds before a voice was heard behind him. "That's sea glass, hon." A feminine voice said and he turned around to see a woman in the water leaning on a rock. "Fun fact: they're rarer than pearls." She said and she flipped her hair showing off her beauty. Hookfoot ended up dropping everything, being stunned by her beauty. "Heya, Butterfingers. Name's Seraphina." She said to him and Hookfoot looked at his hands before wiping them on himself. "Oh, uh, this isn't butter, it's crab grease. I'm-I'm Hookfoot!" He said and she smirked at him. "Ya don't say. Why do they call ya that?" She asked obviously being sarcastic. "I have a hook for a foot." He said pointing down towards his hook causing her to laugh. "You got more looks than brains, honey." She said before swimming away and Hookfoot chucked to himself. "Brains."

Alright I know it's not the most romantic story, but hey Sapphires and I met when I was practically bleeding to death! Nothing is drop dead romantic people. What really matters is the feelings that are generated in those moments! And Hookfoot was happy! If you ask me I say that that is all that should really matter!

"She gave me this to remember her by and told me not to lose it." He said holding up a pink shell. We were all gathered around on the rocks and sand listening to his story. We all awed at his story and I rested my head on Varian's shoulder. "And I never will." He said dreamily before taking a bite of his sandwich. "We're even gonna do dinner later." He said smiling.

"Hookie! You got a date!" Eugene said and Hookfoot looked unsure. "No, it's not a date. We're just gettin' together to eat and, you know, uh talk, and uh..." He said trailing off as he looked at all of us and we gave him knowing looks. "Wait! I have a date!" He yelled and I giggled. "Yeah you do!" I said before standing up to see that he was practically frozen. "I think he's just a little anxious, that's all. He's gonna be fine." Eugene said and Varian stood next to me. "You see that's how I felt when I was planning our first date." Varian said and I laughed. "Uh, Hookfoot?" Rapunzel said waving her hand in front of his face. He ended up falling backwards down the ledge and fell down and I cringed every time he hit something. "Wanna grab a pulse?" Eugene asked and I nodded.

Hookfoot had never been on a date before! That being said, Rapunzel and Eugene promised to help and ended up recruiting Varian and I as well. Our first step was recon. We had to meet this wonderful woman to understand what we were dealing with. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed at all.

"Uh, um, oh, uh, there she is." Hookfoot said pointing to an oasis and I stared at it in awe. "Hey hey hey hey, relax. You're in great hands here, Foot. Okay? I am the dating master." Eugene said and Rapunzel raised a brow at him making Varian and I laughed. "Probably not the best time to talk about that Eugene." I said and Eugene stared at Rapunzel. "Former. Former dating master. But I can still give you some pointers about love." Eugene said and Rapunzel butted in. "Hookfoot doesn't need pointers. He just needs to speak from the heart." Rapunzel said and I nodded. "Be yourself big guy!" I said smiling at him and he nodded. "Oh no no no. It's not about speaking from the heart, Blondie. It's about the charm." Eugene said and Varian nodded. "I have to agree with Eugene on this one, milady." Varian said and I rolled my eyes when Hookfoot burped loudly. "Ugh, I thought that crawfish smelled bad goin in!" Hookfoot said starting to walk away from us. "Who am I kidding?! I'm gross!" He said turning back to us. "Don't worry, Hookie. When I'm done with you, you're gonna be a smooth talking-" Eugene was cut off as we all stared at a woman as she leaped out of the water. What really caught my attention was her tail.

I stared at her in awe while Varian was trying to wrap his head about what he'd just seen. "She's a..." Eugene started only to be cut off my Rapunzel. "Seraphina's a mermaid?!" "She's a succubus!" I yelled as I stared at her with wide sparkling eyes. "Yeah, so? You're a woman with 70 feet of hair, and she's a witch." Hookfoot said and Seraphina spoke up. "And you don't see me staring." Rapunzel thought for a moment. "Yeah you got me there." She said and I squealed more the longer I stared at her. "Sapphires! This is practically one of the best days of my life!" I said jumping up and down and he chuckled as he watched me. "Calm down, Milady." He said and I nodded trying to contain my excitement.