𝗦𝗟𝗘𝗘𝗣𝗬 𝗚𝗢𝗗𝗦

𝐓𝐖: 𝐍𝐎𝐍𝐄 ;; my sleepy gods au sneak peak, with phil as the god of dreams 

-

Black wings soared through the night sky, and the person who they attached to was smiling warmly down at all the houses he flew over. His feathers ruffled as he landed down lightly on top of the roofs, reaching for a glowing pouch that lay limp at his side. Luminous powder spread across the mans palm and he blew gently on it, watching as it glided through the air, flowing as fluidly as water would. The powder slipped into the windows of houses, and the man let out a soft sigh, closing his pouch back.

"Phil, is that you?"

Glancing behind his shoulder, Phil recognised the brown locks that blew in the wind. "Ah, Wilbur! It's a pleasure to see you out here with me." He smiled pleasantly at his son, who gave him a wavering smile back. If you could even call it that. Phil raised an eyebrow at Wilbur's quiet nature. Usually, he'd already be on a tangent about how he'd wrote a new song for the children to hear. But he'd yet to hear a peep from the boy. "What irks you, son?" He questioned with rising concern.

Phil watched as Wilbur pulled up his knees to rest his head gently on it, and he frowned. "Do you ever get lonely?" That was an odd question. He thought back to all the times he'd felt something missing from their small family. Turning to Wilbur, Phil shrugged a little, not really knowing what his son wanted him to say.

"I have you and your brother, that's all I need to be happy." Phil reached out to rub Wilbur's cheek softly, waiting patiently for his answer. "Your so sappy, honestly...But you don't ever look at the mortals, so happy with their short lives and wish- wish you could BE them." Looking over the towns and hearing the joyous sounds coming from the city below, Phil looked into his sons eyes. He wasn't going to lie, but having thoughts like this was dangerous for a God.

Removing his hand from Wilbur's cheek, Phil placed his hands in his lap and let out an exhale. If he noticed Wilbur scooting closer to be closer to Phil, he wouldn't mention it. The two sat close to each-other on the roof of a house, until Phil heard his communicator ring and both him and Wilbur looked down at it. "Ah, looks like I've got one more place to do-" That caused a frown from his youngest, and Phil let out a chuckle, ruffling the soft brown hair fondly.

"I'll meet you back at the house then!" Wilbur got himself up easily and waved him goodbye, pressing a button on his communicator and suddenly he'd disappeared. Phil had to lean onto a chimney to help himself up, he grimaced at the idea of his bones getting older, but technically he never aged. Shaking his head, he checked the location of the house and pushed his wings off the side of the roof he'd stayed on, flying carefully through the heavy winds.

-

A/N: Hey! If this confused you a little, no worries! This is a sneak peak of my Sleepy Gods AU I'm going to be posting on Ao3. My account is lavieonrose, im going to post it when I have like 3 chapters ready :)) If you want me to upload it here to, just ask and I can do <3 Stay safe everyone!!!