|Prologue|

The beast in the mirror stared back at Ela with a different personality now.
She saw its bleak eyes glistened lively in violent delight. Its tight lips were pulled up into a seemingly genuine smile. The demons morphed into an angel's deceiving face. She witnessed how it shifted into a princess; the talons shrank into beautifully filed nails; its soul's darkness was buried skin-deep. It was a magical transformation but with the same intent to kill.

The afire hope burned into despair. All magic turned dark. Rainbows were painted black, white, and crimson. And all innocence was taken away.

It was one afternoon that no matter how she willed herself to bury the memory deep in the darkest recesses of her mind, it would still resurface to drag her back to that most inopportune time—when death came for her.

At an early age, Ela already understood how fairy tales could get ugly, rotten, and twisted. She knew it well because she had the most wicked story of all.

Reap and sharpen the blade to its tip, reap,

No reservations, just a clock to beat,

Whispers on-air, requiems for the dead,

Emptied and filled, a sin for all they bled.

Agony is a lithe vine with its thorns,

Slithers the heart, never wails, never mourns,

On the prowl, the hunter will never speak,

Splotches of blood that the princess will seek.

Reaper sings, 'mirror, mirror on the wall',

Oh! To whom today's tragedy befall?

Cinderella will have fun while he's in fear,

Before she strikes and gets his life so dear.

Don't Get Caught (English Version)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara