Chapter 30: Hope

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

10:54 P.M

-Castle's Lockup -

"To hell with that," Kazuo said bitterly.

"How about you go and check if Omi Azure knows," Rehan folded his arms.

"Like he was here," Cesal said sarcastically.

"It's better that way. We don't want you to get inside, anyways." Kazuo remarked.

Cesal put his hand in his pocket and trashed around until he found a small container with a clear liquid. He shook it around before smirking, "This is a potion."

"Shut the hell up."

"No, I'm serious. It will wake Zen up," Cesal continued, "Prince told me to make him drink it. Well, he can't drink it exactly. It just needs to get inside his stomach."

"Give it then," Rehan extended his hand. He didn't trust Cesal at all.

"No."

"What's going on here?"

E.A made his way behind Cesal while looking at everyone, his eye lingering on Zen a little longer. Cesal's eyes were glassy with tedium as he slowly looked up at the creature.

"The key," Cesal drawled, not taking E.A's presence as an important thing.

"It's with me. What do you want with it?"

Cesal slapped E.A on his chest, exerting much force than needed, "You wasted my time, fucking alien. Give it to me."

"You hit like a girl," E.A mocked and handed the blue head the key as he watched him fumble with it until he opened the door and pushed it harshly as it banged against the wall, the sound rumbling through the thick air. E.A rolled his eyes at Cesal's attitude.

"What do you plan to do?" E.A walked behind him. Rehan moved out of the creatures way as he stared in fright at him. He felt himself shiver from his presence over again. Kazuo was looking up at E.A in slight disgust and shock. He never saw the weird looking creature before. Jiryu's pupils shook in fear when E.A and Cesal came closer to him. He quickly moved out of Cesal's way. His disturbance wasn't from Cesal, but rather E.A

Cesal ignored him as he bent down to make Zen sit upright and tilt his head backwards, placing one hand on Zen's forehead and gently tilting his head back, lifting the tip of his chin using two fingers with one hand. This moved his tongue away from the back of his throat, making it easy to pour the 'potion'. Cesal opened the cap using his free hand and poured half on it inside.

Kazuo shifted in pain and lifted his leg, his knee against his chest as he watched. Rehan was tense as he unconsciously gripped on either side of his elbow. Jiryu was uneasy and kept glancing at E.A who was watching with hungry eyes. It made him shake in his shoes for the redhead.

Cesal handed the potion to Rehan causing him to blink in surprise, "Take."

E.A frowned as he walked closer, making Rehan back away a little, "Why don't you give it to me instead?"

"He was closer to me," Cesal said, E.A constant questions leaving him cold.

"Just hand it over," E.A snatched the potion out of Cesal's hand. The blue head turned to glare at him before he closed Zen's jaw with both hands.

He shook the boy's head up and down, "Wakey, wakey," He smiled gingerly. 

"That's not going to help, idio-" E.A started.