Chapter 13 | Protect

Trigger Warning:
Abuse, Police, Fighting, Trauma, thoughts of self harm

The thing was, now after Catra actually realised her feelings for the blonde. She didn't know how to act anymore sometimes.

That kinda went like this:

"Hey.. I accidentally spilled juice on your shirt... I'm sorry." A blonde said, entering Catra's room and looking at her feet.

Catra, who sat at her desk turned around, looking at Adora. "It's...alright." She mumbled, staring at her, getting lost in thought. Adora looked awkwardly at Catra now. "Uh... can- can I get a new.." she trailed off, tugging at the shirt. Catra got thrown out of her trance. "Oh YEAH, of course!", she almost yelled. Blushing and biting her lip, skipping to her closet and she just grabbed whatever, throwing pants at Adora, the blonde flinched and almost didnt even catch it, but Catra didnt notice. "Uh.. i need.. a shirt?" Oh right. Catra apologized quickly, took her pants back and made sure to grab something out of her shirt section this time. She now threw a croptop, Adora again flinched not catching it at all this time. She leaned down and picked it up. "Catra.. maybe.. something less revealing please...?" The freckled girl looked at what she threw at Adora, she chuckled awkwardly. "Oh.. sorry. Yeah. That was dumb." The other just nodded. "And uh.. Catra?" "Hm?" "Could you.. stop throwing stuff at me if not necessary.. please..." Catra stared at her for a few seconds before starting to apologize like a million times. Adora tried to tell her it's okay but the brunette just shook her head. Now that she finally got knocked in some sense, she actually looked for a shirt she knew Adora would be comfortable with. Adora thanked her silently and dissapeared with the finally right clothes into the bathroom, changing there. Catra looked into the mirror in her room and slapped herself. "The fuck Catra. Get yourself together!" She told herself.

And this wasn't the only time something like that happened. It has gotten worse and worse actually. She now sometimes even ignored Adora completely, panicking and hiding. Or she accidentally said something mean while she didn't mean it at all! Here are some more incidents:

Monday, 01.20pm, lunch time, cafeteria
Adora sat on a bench, playing with her fingers. She didn't have anyone with her rightnow, Bow and Glimmer were both on a trip with a certain class, and the others (Perfuma, Mermista.. etc.) were more of their friends. Not hers, she didn't feel like she should hang with them. Then again, it didn't seem like the others liked Adora very much. She saw Catra a bit more far away, and after a few minutes she actually found the courage to call for Catra, raising a hand. "Hey Catra!! Wanna come over?" She asked loudly with a bit of a trembly voice. Catra turned around, looking at Adora, her heart melt but then she suddenly panicked. She quickly turned around, hiding her face. Adora bit her lips and quickly let her hand fall. A group of friends next to her started laughing at her. Catra peaked and immediately felt bad, she wanted to go to her and apologize and kick those peoples asses, but suddenly a friend of her own came and pulled her away. Catra looked at Adora, wanting to tell her friend to let her go, but it was too late, the blonde quickly left... and she looked very upset. God damn it.

Wednesday, 3pm, after school
Catra was at her locker, putting her stuff in. She didn't talk to Adora at all yesterday, but rather because she couldn't find the blonde. As she closed her locker, suddenly Adora stood there. Catra shrieked, and took a major step away from her. The blonde darted her eyes away. "Sorry." She mumbled. "N-no! No it's alright!" Adora looked at her again, a shimmer of hope in her eyes. "Okay.. I- I'm sorry for Monday I didn't mean to embarass you.. should I stop calling out for you in public..?" "Oh yeah you definitely embrassed me there." Wait thats not what she meant, Adoras expression fell a bit. "I- I mean no, yes, you, god, you didnt embarass me! Not at all, I just panicked, when i saw you! Because youre so pretty, i mean no-- wait no, no you're good, you're good. I just, yeah, I saw you and, i immediately wanted to hide-" no, no, no this was going wrong, she saw tiny tears in her blue eyes. That's NOT how it should go! "Not like that!! I mean, I just.. god I- I definitely didnt want to talk to you, i mean walk! I mean- no- I-" "I'm sorry then.." Adora interrupted. "I won't.. do it again..." The blonde looked so upset, NO. "No, you can you can! I just, I dont know-"  "It's alright." Why couldn't she just tell her the real reason!? "I.. gotta get going now." Adora waved shyly and then quickly left. Catra banged her head against her locker. "Fuck fuck fuck!"