Chapter 9 | Let her.

☆ Catra ☆

Catra and Adora arrive at school. She looked over to the other and with hesitation she grabbed the blonde's hand. Adora looked at her before holding her hand also.

For Catra it felt like. Like the first peek of light in years of darkness. Like the first warm shine of the sun after a cold long lasting winter. It felt so.. so.. unreal. And so real at the same time.

Adoras hand was a little rough, you could tell she worked hard. But at the same time it was so smooth and soft. And her hand fitted just perfectly in her own.

It gave her a prickly feeling in her stomach. Butterflies. Her heart swelled. And her cheeks tingled. It was just woah! She never felt it before. But shebeoudlnt mind feeling it again.. and again.. and again. She could hold hands all day with that girl!

Though the back of her hand reminded her.. it was fake. Everything was fake about this. Except.. except her feelings. Ohhh pay they were fake too!! Were they..? Or maybe.. maybe a bit.. bit real.

◇ Adora ◇

This is so fucking akward. Is it? I mean.. she kinda liked it. But just kinda! Or.. maybe a little more..

It was so.. new? A hand in yours that isn't platonically.. well, technically it was platonic! They just faked it wasn't. But it didn't feel like it. But that was for sure just Adora's mind playing tricks on her.

And still, it felt like a fresh feeling on your hand after a hot day. It felt like snow, snow you've awaited so long and finally you feel those little cold crystals that fall from the sky on your hand.

That's how it felt.

But she didn't admit that.
Not even to her own mind.

She walked dim the building with Catra, ignoring all the gazes and looks on the two. Whispering.

"Wait, goody two shoes came together with the trouble maker?"

"I always knew Adora had a thing for bad girls!"

"I thought she was straight.."

"Oh it was so obvious they would come together with someone one day. Never noticed all the looks both of them get?"

"The two in their own way popular girls together. Complete opposites.. how ironic!"

"Maybe Adora lost a bet?"

"Since when does Catra care for someone in the first place?"

"I mean.. she kinda stalked her for weeks."

Annoying.

☆ Catra ☆

Well duh she heard it as well. But she couldn't care less. She looks at the blonde.

"So, where's your first class?" She asked.

"Oh- uh- room 299c."

Was her voice always so god damn soothing?

"We have first period together!! Great."

◇ Adora ◇

Was her voice always so god damn energetic?

She nodded as they walked up the stairs.

"Technically we still have 10 minutes. Also I have to go to my locker." She said.

"Oh alright. I'll come with you. I already have my stuff." Catra replied with a soft smile.

Adora looked at her and the moment she saw that fucking god damn smile she looked away. Oh my goood... when did she start to get so flustered??