"DAVINA!" Klaus snapped, seeing Esmeray was unsuccessful at opening the door. "Is this not what you brought him for? I'm not afraid!"

There was a pause before the door opened, and Mikael was staring right at Esmeray, who quickly stepped back, seeing a sickening smirk on his face. "Hello, boy," he said to Klaus before turning his beady eyes onto Esmeray.

Klaus, despite looking afraid, didn't hesitate to move between Mikael and Esmeray, having a feeling Mikael was going to try and hurt her. "You seem rather impatient," Mikael observed. "And you've grown more foolish. Are you so eager to meet your end?"

"I'm only eager to stand over your burning corpse again," said Klaus snidely. "Only this time, I intend to enjoy it more."

Mikael moved closer to him. "I've traveled all the way back from hell for this moment."

"Well then," said Klaus, "I'd hate to keep you waiting."

He only just managed to move Esmeray out of the way before he lunged at Mikael. She got to her feet quickly, seeing they were already fighting at full vampire speed, which was hard for her to keep up. One thing was painfully obvious— Mikael was winning. He pinned Klaus to the ground and put him in a chokehold, and Esmeray reacted without really thinking of what she was doing.

She tackled Mikael off of him and rolled to get up, but he was quicker, and punched her across the face. She tucked her legs in and kicked him back before thrusting her hand out and using magic to toss him into the nearest tree.

"Weak girl," he snarled as he got back up. "You rely on magic to subdue me, but that magic will be useless soon enough. You're just as pitiful as your father."

"Don't speak of my father," she snapped, coiling her hand and making Mikael grunt as he tried to ignore the pain of her squeezing his heart from outside of his body. "You aren't half the man that my father was."

She felt Klaus come to stand beside her, and raised her other hand, making the indestructible white oak stake fly out of Mikael's pocket and into her hand.

"RELEASE ME!" Mikael bellowed, glaring at Klaus. "FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN!"

Klaus brought out Papa Tunde's blade from his own jacket and moved forward, thrusting it into Mikael's chest and leaving him to collapse back, unconscious.

When he beckoned his wrist to her, she didn't immediately know what it was for. But then, he gestured to her eye, and she felt, letting out a hiss of pain. Of course Mikael had bruised her eye and cut into her brow. She was lucky he hadn't blinded her. She bit into Klaus's wrist gently, just hard enough to draw blood so that she could drink.

"Never do that again," said Klaus quietly, stroking her hair as she drank. "He could have killed you. I am his target, not you."

"You think I could live on if you died, Klaus?" she said once she pulled back, wiping her mouth and handing him the white oak stake. "He would have killed you. I'd feel dead if I saw you die. I'd want to die."

"Don't say that," said Klaus, cupping her cheek. "I would not wish for you to let your life end simply because mine did."

There was a rustling, and they turned around to see Cami running up to them, panting heavily. "Where is she?" she yelled. "If something happened to her, Klaus, I swear to God—"

"Davina's fine," said Klaus simply. "She'll wake with a spectacular headache, but given her intentions for me, she should count herself lucky."

Cami let out a sigh of relief, clutching her chest. "Good..."

"Your heart is beating very fast," Esmeray noticed, going to her and putting her hand on her forehead, murmuring a spell to help soothe her. "Why did you rush here?"