chapter 18

I woke up the next morning around 8 a.m with floods of text messages from Penelope asking me how the date went. Luckily Henry was still asleep so I had a little bit of time. 

Me
Hey pen, we can meet at the coffee shop in about an hour. Let me shower and get Henry ready. 

Pen
Sounds great! See you soon!

I went to shower and get dressed, put on some light makeup and was about to head out the door. Henry woke up once I got out of the shower and I got him ready to leave with me. I was debating whether I should eat or not, but decided to get some food at the coffee shop with Pen. 

"Omg heyy!!" Penelope said as soon as she saw me enter. "I wanna know everything that happened!" 

I laughed. 

"Let me get my drink and food."

I left to order my food and drink and once it was done I headed back over. Penelope was so excited to see how the date with Emily. 

“Ok, now tell me Everything JJ.” Pen insisted. 

“Ok ok, I will.” 

That is when I started to tell Pen about my date with Em. It was amazing seeing how happy Penelope was as I was telling her what happened. 

“Em took me to the park and well, she threw me into the pond.” I say, Penelope laughing at me. “I was pissed, but she was so sweet and it was a lot of fun.” i stopped for a minute. 

“Then, we were walking back to her car and well, she kissed me and I didn’t stop her.” I smiled. 

“Oh my go JJ!” Penelope yelled. “That is amazing!” 

We both sat at the coffee place for a little talking and eating. I was head over heels with happiness. 

“Oh and how's Henry doing? With all of this?” she asks looking down at him eating his breakfast. 

“Honestly, I think he is ok, but i honestly don’t think he knows what is going on.” I say looking at my son. 

We both started to laugh for a little bit. Garcia was so happy for me and it was obvious I was too. 

“Well-” I started to say when my phone started ringing. “It’s Emily..”

“Well answer it!” Penelope squealed. 

I picked up the phone and started talking to Emily and you know, it felt like it was only us talking, that was before Henry started to act up.

“Hey, so i'm at the coffee place with Penelope and Henry of course, why don’t you come by?” I say and Penelope just had a huge smile as always. I hung up the phone and she was just waiting to see if Em was coming or not. 

“Yes, Emily is coming.” I say with a smile. “Henry, are you ready to see auntie Em?”

“He is going to need to stop calling her ‘auntie’ Em.” Penelope chimed in. 

“Really?” I hear Emily say from behind. 

I jumped out of my seat and hugged her. I was so happy that she was here even though i saw her the other day. 

“Sorry about that.” Pen tried to apologize. 

“Stop, it is fine. You were joking.” Em replied. 

“Particly.” she laughed. 

That made us all laugh expecially since Emily didn't believe her at all, and that was when Henry noticed that Emily was there. He adores her and that is how I know that we will work out, we always have and always will. 

“Auntie Em!!” Henry yelled, a little too loud. 

“Henry, keep your voice a little lower please.” I laughed. 

Emily went over and sat next to Henry and started to color with him. I took a sip of my coffee and just smiled at the three people who were sitting with me at the table. Emily was having so much fun with Henry and Pen, well she was just smiling her head off as always. Especially since she knows that Em and I went on a date. 

“Okay, so I actually have to get going.” Pen said, standing up from the table. 

“Already? You aren't going to joke about us anymore?” Emily said sarcastically. 

We laughed and Garcia left. 

“Why don’t we go back to my place?” Emily suggested. 

“Yeah, that sounds great.” I say. 

Emily picked up Henry and we walked back to our cars, we had to drive separately since we both drove separately, but we both met back up at Ems house. We got to Emilys and I got Henry out of the car and walked in the house with him in my arms and Em next to me.

“So Emily, you want to go watch some cartoons?” Emily asked and of course Henry said yes. 

Emily put on one of Henry's favorite shows so far which is paw patrol, he absolutely loves the dogs in it. While Henry was watching his show, me and Em went into the kitchen to get some more to drink. 

“What do you want to drink JJ?” Em asked. 

“Do you have coffee?” I asked with a small chuckle. 

“Do I have coffee?” Emily joked. “Jen, you really should know me better, I always have coffee.”

Emily got the coffee ready and I could hear Henry laughing at the tv and that made my heart warm. 

“You know I love him right?” Emily said which caught me off guard a little. 

“Yes, Em, I know that.” I am slightly confused. “But why are you saying this, now?” 

Emily looked at me. 

“Because, I don’t want this to change your mind.” Emily says kissing me. 

And I don’t know why she would think that, but I kissed her too and I was so happy once again. Emily pulled away once the coffee was done and I kinda wished that she didn’t, I liked kissing her and I don’t think she wanted to pull away either. I grabbed some fruit for everyone. 

Emily and I went to the couch with Henry and gave him some water and handed him fruit, grapes. 

“Thank you mommy!” He says eating the grapes and drinking the water. 

A few hours passed and I put Henry's show on my phone so that me and Emily could watch our show on the big tv. Henry fell asleep for a couple hours so Emily and I had some time to ourselves and we just grabbed some ice cream out of the freezer and ate it on the couch. 

“Em, this is amazing, thank you.” I say with a smile while eating the ice cream. 

“JJ, stop, you are always welcome, and Henry of course.” she says giving me a quick kiss on the cheek which makes my stomach full of butterflies. 

I was falling hard for Emlily once again and I am not complaining whatsoever. My son loves her and so do I and I think we are going to work out in the long run. I looked over and saw Emily looking at Henry sleeping and that made my heart full.

“You really do love him don’t you?” I asked with a slight smile. 

“Yes I do JJ and that will never stop.”

I smiled and gave Emily a small kiss as she smiled after that. I was definitely falling hard for Emily  now. I don’t know how I could have just realized it, but I am.

I’m pretty sure that Emily was feeling the same and that made me happy, super happy. The night ended with Henry sleeping on the couch and me and Emily cuddled up next to each other and him. 

A/N: I am sorry that I have not updated in a while, I have a had a lot of writers block and cheer and stuff.

I am just having trouble with writing because I don't know what to write about.. by if you could give me a vote on this chapter and give me feedback I would appreciate it.