Thomas Sharpe- Requited Touch

Requested by majorchoirgeek_1999 , had a lot of fun writing this one, hope you enjoy!
*Some events in this chapter are from the film, but not everything will be spot on and I will be adding more detail into things.*

-*mature themes and language/sexual content warning* -

"You're cordially invited to the Cushing Mansion for a celebratory party this Saturday at 7pm. Formal attire is required. 1 extra guest per person. Oh goodness Y/n how did you get so lucky?!"

But you were too caught up in the book in your hand to realize your friend was talking to you.

'Her beauty was captured by the moonlit beams battering down onto her porcelain skin, a handsome gentleman peers his head from the opposite corner of the ballroom. She seemed so coy, modest, but the grace of eloquence was seated on her lips. '

You then saw a hand wave in front of your face, snapping you back to reality.

"Did you hear what I said? You got an invitation to one of the biggest parties in England right now Y/n!" She yells excitedly.

"Yeah.. I don't think I'm going.."

Your friend stares at you, baffled.

"Are you kidding me!? You're always stuck inside reading that god awful book, get out, live a little!"

"Parties and social gatherings aren't really something I enjoy , and I don't ALWAYS read my book inside, I go outside too."

"Well I'm going to be your plus one, and we're going out to get you the perfect garment for this occasion!" Your friend pulls you up from the comfort of your chair in your bedroom. Flinging your favourite book out of your hands, losing your page.

"But I have perfectly good dresses for this event." You sigh opening up your closet.

"Pft! Come on Y/n, these old rags? My grandmother wouldn't even wear these." You roll your eyes giving up and just following along with your friend. Besides, she does have a keen eye with fashion. Maybe it would do you some good!

You arrive to the local seamstress who has surprisingly prepared herself for all the fine ladies of Cumbria that will be attending this party.

Dresses and jewellery galore, you were in awe looking at the store that was scattered with at least 10 beautiful dresses that you definitely couldn't afford.

After a half an hour of browsing the selection there was to offer, you still were indecisive, none of the dresses stood out to you.

Hearing the noise of the sewing machine stop from the back of the store, you notice the seamstress draping a violet and yellow combination gown over her shoulder carefully as she walks towards the mannequin, but it was very hard to see the details all folded up like it was.

"Excuse me madame, would I be able to see your new creation on a dress form?"

"You're reading my mind before I can think it my dear, I'm heading over to do that now." She chuckles softly.

As she begins to guide the dress up the dress form, you are astonished by the muted yet beautiful contrast of the satin yellow atop the sheer thick waves of violet of the skirt, with the delicate embroidery scattering the yellow panels and lace trim at the bottom, finishing with the over the shoulder style neckline in the colour mauve, and a hint of bedazzlement under the mid-breast point.

"This is beautiful."

"Thank you my dear."

You then hear the shop door open as a tall man wearing an all black suit and a young woman wearing a black skirt, and a bodice that was uniquely decorated with a leaf-like collar and topped with a small lace collar steps into the now busy shop, both removing their small, round sunglasses at the same time.