Chapter One

Cassidy's Pov
Life was a very startled thing. They always tell you at a young age to live life to the fullest, you know go to school, make money but that dream car, and that big house get married have kids then you die. Oh no wait.. Thats the dream they tell kids very young I myself believe that little dream world.

Life was made with all the hard decisions like my own becoming a psychiatrist took a lot of work, hard grades and in the end I was able to be the caregiver for my younger siblings being able to get them in their own right track of life.

In the eyes of a cliche my life was pretty good and balanced, work, sleep sometimes drinking spending time with my siblings and that was about it. It was a normal day in my office spending my times organizing different sessions and regulars, looking through each book.

"Well it's nice to see working at hard Cassi." A grin formed its way across my lips lifting my head up with a grin, pausing all actions seeing him standing there. Of course whenever I see my mentor I was always gonna be like a little girl at heart.

"Huang!" I exclaimed with a soft laugh standing up pushing in my chair I met him halfway for a hug hearing him chuckle squeezing me deeply.

"Wow look at you, you have all grown, with your own office and everything, I know for a fact you don't have a life now." I rolled my eyes playfully but I could agree.

"Oh yeah you have no idea," I chuckled moving my hands through my afro laughing nervous like.

"How are Theo and Gia?" Once again I laughed quietly.

"Eh they are both going through a phase of trying to stay out late, teen things but what brings you here? You know I love when you visit." He casually chuckled placing his coat over his arms a bit studying me.

"I came by to visit not only because I've missed our chats and that I want you to have a life, but that I've assigned you to be the new on sight psychiatrist at SVU to help with the special victims."

"You are so kidding right-"

_______________________________
"So I've only been here for a few minutes but judging by your prep's behaviour, and how erratic he was when you arrested him, he is showing signs of Bipolar Disorder." I knocked my knuckles against the glass a couple times before spinning back around to face the two detectives, sinking my shoulders back exhaling.

"How can you be so sure, when it could just be rage or anger issues?" I dropped my head down for a moment skimming through the files I was handed to by Sergeant Benson.

"His school classified the eps as anger rages, that's what most people assume is bipolor disorder but it's not." I shook my head a couple more times taking a breath, of course I had to stop myself from looking into the pretty blues of that one detective, so I shyly stammered out.

"Bipolor disorder, it was formerly called manic depression, it's a medical condition that causes extreme mood swings that include emotional highs. We call them Mania or Hypmania, and lows depression. When you become depressed you may feel sad or hopeless and lose interest or pleasure in most at activities, when your mood shifts to mania or hypomania you may feel euphoric or full of energy or usually irritable these can effect most basic things like sleep, energy, judgement behavior they can't think cleary." I finally finished seeing them both looking quietly impressed.

"Well I'm not a doctor Rollins but I think the doctor has outsmarted us." A small laugh left me shaking my head turning around a little to state into the interrogation room.

"I think give him validation, he'll confess since no one when he was younger helped him and they just assumed, you'll get your confession." I nodded my head a couple times watching the woman nod her head before she was slipping into the room with the other detectives but I spun around facing the male.

"You aren't gonna join your partner?" I asked him curious like.

"Nah she's got this, she never needs my help when the time counts." I cracked another grin at his little accent coming through.

"Bold detective?" I looked at him curious like.

"Carisi." He finished his answer to me, flashing me a smile he then looked at me some more.

"And you doctor?" I chuckled digging into my pockets handing him my card, "Its Dr Porter but you can call me Cassidy since I'll be around a lot more." He held my card between his fingers before he then took out his own card.

"Well if that's the case darling then just call me Sonny it's gonna be a pleasure working with you." I grinned yet again looking down at his card.

"Well then likewise."