Chapter 6: A Month With Two

-(TW: panic attack)

-

-

The next day, as planned, the newbie and I got up as the doors where opening and he looked at the doors in amazement as they did.

Once they were open, we went back to the small camp and had breakfast. As usual, the only thing on the menu was bread or a sandwich, and some fruit.

Once that was out of the way, I showed Greenie to the showers. After taking turns, we both got dressed and came out behind the wall made at the showers.

As I planned, we got to building the hut that we were going to sleep in. It was so much easier with two people; we finished the first wall right before lunch.

We sat down and began to eat are small snack.

"So, we are probably not gonna finish that place before sundown sot we can try to finish it in the next couple days. Then we need to build some kind of building or area to eat and all that."

"Ok, that's all good, but when can we go in the Maze?" he asked me.

My breath hitched thinking of what I saw that first night. The scary beast made me never want to go back in there again. "One day, but we need to get things done here first." I said trying to not think of all of that.

-Time skip, 1 week-

We finally finished the sleeping hut, and the kitchen place. The kitchen is not much of a kitchen. It more of a pantry with some counters and chairs. Hopefully we'll be able to add some more too it but for now it'll do. The sleeping area, or Homestead, as we called it, is a nice little place where we sleep. We found a way to set up some hammocks.

Oh! He finally remembered his name, Alby.

Today is the day I've been dreading for so long: going into the Maze. I was scared out of my mind.

Once Alby and I got are breakfast out of the way, I started packing lunches and he was packing any other thing that we would need in there today.

A couple minutes later, we were at the open Maze doors.

"Hey, you ready?" Alby asks me.

Umm. Y-ye-yeah. Let's, uh, let's go." I stuttered back to him. Mentally cursing to myself. I felt weak, the grievers only came out at night. What was I so afraid of? I'll be fine.

"Hey, are you ok? You seem a little pale." he mentioned.

I just nodded telling him I was fine and started walking into the deep dark Maze. Alby following close behind me while I started going a little faster.

Once I turned the first corner, I stopped, thinking I heard a sound.

"Hey, you sure you alright?" he asked me once more.

"Yeah, I just," I paused trying to think and listen. I sighed, "thought I heard something, sorry. Let's keep going, sorry."

-Alby's P.O.V.-

"Yeah, I just," she paused, squinting "thought I heard something, sorry. Let's keep going, sorry." she continued.

She started running again, I followed behind her closely.

Once we made a couple turns, she started getting out of breath. It surprised me a lot since she has a very good build, and she seemed like the type to have good endurance. What was wrong with her?

"Are you completely sure you're, ok?' I asked her for the third time this run.

"No." she whispered before falling on the floor panting.