Thirty-Four

I ran and got to the bench she was at when she last ran out of the room and saw her curled up in a ball and hiding her face behind her legs. "hey" I said softly. "go away Alex" she replied, I could hear in her voice she was crying. I stayed still where I was standing and she looked up. "I said go away" she repeated. "I'm not leaving you here alone, it's dangerous to be out in the dark and it's like 11 at night" I answered. "if I go with you back to our room will you stay away from me?" she asked. "why do I need to stay away from you?" I questioned. "so I don't hurt you again" she replied. "stand up" I ordered. 

She stood up and looked at me, we were a few feet away from each other. I walked over to her and embraced her in a hug. She took a deep breath and cautiously moved her arms to hug me back. "you're not hurting me right now" I stated. She put her head on my shoulder and started crying so I rubbed her back.

5 minutes later she was still crying on my shoulder. "we need to go back to the college" I said pulling away from the hug. She nodded and I grabbed her hand.

We got to our room and I got into my pyjamas, brushed my teeth, and had a quick shower. "I didn't mean to hurt you" Alison muttered. "I know" I whispered. She got into her pyjamas and brushed her teeth too. We both got into bed and she fell asleep within seconds. I was about to lay down when I saw a book on her bedside table. 

I walked quietly over, grabbed it, and walked back over to my bed. I thought it was a revision book so maybe I could use it to revise. I opened it and saw the date: Wednesday. Wednesday as in 2 days ago. 

I read the main bit: "My college roommate is so sweet although she can have her ups and downs as she shouts at me A LOT which can be annoying to deal with. Whenever I try to change the subject to something love or relationship related she gets really moody because she hates relationships and love because of her past relationship with some bitch called Stacey, I really want to kill that bitch. Anyway, I posted a TikTok asking how to ask her out or impress her and the best comment was to get her a promise ring and ask her to be my girlfriend. I have the promise ring but I'm gonna let her get used to me first. I want to show her the joys of being in a relationship because the only kind of relationship she has been in is toxic and abusive, I'm not like that, I want to show her what being loved really feels like but she never gives me the chance to tell her how I feel about her. Anyways, imma go to bed now so byyyye.". 

I closed the book and put it back where I found it, on her bedside table. I can't remember the exact position it was in but she probably wouldn't notice it anyway.