Nineteen

While I was waiting, I was thinking of excuses to use for shouting. She finally walked out of the classroom moodily before turning to me. "why were you shouting, on your first day too!" she hissed. "I am um, I'm having a really stressful day" I replied, "I'm sorry, I just got overwhelmed from the amount of noise in the room and then that boy said I wasn't capable of getting something out of my bag". "fine, I don't want to hear you shout like that again, at all," she said sternly before gesturing me to go in first. 

Some other boy took my seat so she pointed to an empty seat next to a beautiful girl with shoulder-length golden hair. My gay panic decided to turn up as I walked to the seat. "hi" she said sweetly. "hey" I replied. "got a little angry at Josh I see" she laughed. "who?" I asked confused as I got out my notebook and pen, again. "Josh, the guy that always stinks of sweat and never takes his football clothes off, the one you shouted at" she explained. "oh yeah, he's already in my bad books" I replied. "he's in everyone's bad books, you're not alone" she laughed before writing in her book. "uh I'm Alex," I said shyly. "Rosy" she replied. I smiled at her then wrote in my book. I felt someone staring at me but ignored it because I was writing something important in my book.

About 5 minutes later I still felt like I was being watched so I looked around until I found the pair of eyes on me. Alison. She was staring at me and biting her lip. I don't think she realised I was looking because she just kept staring, I decided to get on with my work and ignore her. 

I got fed up with her staring so when we were free to do what we wanted for the last 5 minutes of the lesson I walked over to her. She was talking to her friends so I kept a distance so none of her friends would think I'm suspicious. "how do I ask her out?" I heard her ask quietly. I assumed it was a different girl because I never think anyone would ask me out, especially when there are so many other better girls in this college. I decided to pretend not to hear anything and walk over to her. "I wanna talk with you for a second," I said and all her friends went "ooh" like she was in trouble. "if you wanna talk to me, say it here" she replied confidently. Her friends laughed. "okay" I said and she turned herself to look at me, "why were you staring at me and biting your lip while I was doing my work?". "um, I was- I don't-" she stuttered and all of her friends laughed at her. "don't worry, I don't like you anyway" I said before walking away. "what" she said, I could hear the pain in her voice. I saw one of her friends whisper in her ear and she nodded. 

Her friend walked over to me and said "follow me". Her voice was a lot deeper than expected. She had short dark brown hair that shined in the light and she was a lot taller than me, taller than Alison I think. She led me outside the classroom. "why am I here?" I asked in confusion. "because you just hurt Alison really bad" she replied. "I didn't lay a hand on her" I replied, feeling accused. "no, you hurt her by saying you don't like her" she stated. "how did that hurt her?" I asked. "because she likes you" she whisper shouted. "no she doesn't, nobody likes me" I replied with no emotion. I hate people liking me, it makes me so nervous and I despise relationships. "uh yes she does" she replied confused. "no.. listen to me.. I hate relationships, I don't let people like me" I answered back. "you can't make someone stop liking you, Alison likes you for a reason" she replied and walked back in the classroom.