23

teagan had finally managers to convince jess to write an essay on shakespeare after many, many minutes of pleading.

"done." jess announced as he passed the piece of paper back to her.

"this isn't shakespeare."

"it's not?"

"it's the words to a clash song."

"ah, but which clash song?"

"i'm not being tested, i'm the tutor." teagan held the paper in front of him, expecting him to take it back.

"ten seconds..." jess looked at his watch.

"Danes."

"nine, eight, seven..."

as jess began counting down, teagan was trying to sneak looks down to the paper to figure out which one it was while protesting the game. "you're really starting to- ooh! oh, 'guns of brixton'

"a-plus, Tea."

"you could've got out of this study thing if you really wanted to." teagan changed the subject, still proud of managing to guess the correct song.

"yeah, but luke said i have to."

"luke says you have to a lot of things you don't do."

"luke said i have to move here, and guess where i am." jess commented, taking small bites of the pie in-front of them.

"very different."

"yeah, well..."

teagan scanned his face, trying to figure out why he was deflecting her question.

"do you wanna get out of here?" jess' words cut her thoughts short and she was snapped back to reality.

"what?"

"i'm sick of studying." he stood from the table and strolled over to the door.

"how can you be sick of studying? you haven't done any studying." teagan turned back to him. "you've done card tricks, you've made coffee, you've tried to explain to me how on earth 'coldplay' could be considered an alternative band. but as of yet, no studying."

"let's get ice cream and then, when we get back, i'll study." jess tried to bargain with her.

"there's ice cream here."

"but we don't have any cones."

"cones."

"i need cones."

"if we go get ice cream-" teagan began.

"in cones." jess reiterated this very important detail.

"then you'll actually study for the rest of the night?" teagan asked.

"that's right, Tea."

"i don't believe you."

jess stayed silent.

"you drive and i'll read you 'othello', how's that." teagan stood up and grabbed the keys to the car her foster parents had let her borrow.

"that sounds so fun." jess walked backwards towards the door and opened it for the girl in front of him.

~

teagan was trying to control the drips falling down the cone she was holding and keep the sticky ice-cream out of her hair while jess drove through the town.

"it's always better in a cone." he told her as he ate his ice cream.

"yes, it's better in a cone." teagan rolled her eyes, he was not letting go of this 'ice cream in a cone' situation.