16: Friendship

Comincia dall'inizio

Gojo scoffed as he shook his head, "I don't know how you have everyone fooled, Y/n. But I see who you are."

He walked closer to us, "I see you. And I don't trust you. Nor do I like you very much, so don't put your guard down just yet."

"Satoru..." Suguru's voice was laced with disappointment, but Gojo continued to storm out of the room.

It hurt me to know that he really didn't trust me. That was Suguru's best friend, and I would never want to get in between them.

"Gojo! Wait," I called out as I rolled my eyes and ran after him.

I was well aware that I had been all over the place today with my emotions, but still... I really am a caring person. I'd do anything for Suguru or Gojo or really anyone, whether or not I knew them very well.

As detrimental as it was, putting others before myself was engrained in me since birth. It's part of my creed as a protector and even as a doctor, and I tried to live up to that.

"What?" he mumbled as he faced me with his arms crossed.

"I'll lift up the current seal on the Time Turner if you promise it'll remain under your jurisdiction, and not with anyone else I met today."

"Really?" his voice sounded shocked as he uncrossed his arms and put his hands in his pockets.

I nodded, "I don't trust those other men, but you're Suguru's best friend, and I trust you."

He sighed, "Well I still mean what I said to you. This doesn't really change that."

"That's fine," I shrugged. "Maybe it'll at least be a step in the right direction."

"And what direction would that be?" he raised a brow at me.

"Gojo, I really am in love with Suguru, so I want to make sure you and I are on good terms."

He nodded slowly before speaking up in a low voice, "I think he's too good for you."

Hearing him say that felt like getting punched in this face...

"I know he is," I agreed in almost a whisper as I looked down at my feet.

I felt like breaking down right there. Gojo wasn't wrong, and it made my heart heavy to have my biggest fear confirmed.

"So. The Time Turner?" he asked annoyed.

"Right," I said in shaky voice as I wiped my eyes and looked back up at him. "Where is it?"

"I'll take you there."

"One more condition," I called out as he began to walk away.

"Fucking of course," he grumbled as he whipped back around. "Quit playing games and just tell me."

My eyes widened a bit because it really wasn't a big deal at all, "Oh, uh, well, just if anything happens to you. The back-up seal will put the hourglass back under my protection."

"Oh..." he trailed off. "Yea, that's fine."

He began to walk away again, and I just stared for a moment, feeling very conflicted by everything that had happened these last 24hrs.