VI ~ Slug club

The Slug club party was coming up the next day and Arabella was quite frankly shitting bricks

The Slug club party was coming up the next day and Arabella was quite frankly shitting bricks. She and Regulus had talked a little since the kiss but nothing mind-boggling.

What if he doesn't wanna go with me? Is he going out of pity? Oh my god, he thinks I'm annoying!

A thousand thoughts raced through her mind and she was so wrapped up in her own world, she didn't notice two figures approaching her bench.

"Hello, Lil sis"

Arabella looked up to see Griffin towering over her and next to him. None other than Regulus Black. Fuck! She forgot the two were best friends. Because they were in different houses, they rarely saw each other's friends and they never had time to gossip when they were at home. They were always off learning the ways of the dark lord or how to act like proper young children of the pureblood society.

"you know your only 12 minutes older than me" she rebutted

"the best 12 minutes of my life," Griffin said as he clutched his chest

Arabella scoffed "what do you want anyway?"

Griffin grinned as he slid down next to her on the bench "well I was wondering if you were going to the Slug club thing tonight?"

"Yeah, you?"

"I am indeed, Diana Davies from Ravenclaw asked me. Who's your date?"

"Uhm regulus" she muttered in a low voice

"What was that? it sounded like you said my best friend here and that would be gross and wrong"

Arabella looked up and Regulus fiddled awkwardly with his sleeve. Griffin's eyes went wide and a look of hurt flashed his face before it was replaced by anger. But Arabella didn't miss the hurt look, she raised her brow suspiciously. However, she didn't get a chance to ask because Griffin stormed off towards the castle, leaving a very awkward Regulus Black and Arabella Silvers.

In a futile attempt to diffuse the tension Regulus asked what she would be wearing. She said she had a few options but she wasn't sure yet. She had to get Violet's final opinion. She wouldn't tell him how they looked, however, saying "it's a surprise, something for you to look forward to". All she told him was her favorite one was pink.

"Oh shit, it's fucking curfew in 5 minutes, we should head back," Reg said hastily. The two ran up towards the castle. They bid each other farewell and made their way back to their respective common rooms.

Arabella was just about to enter the Gryffindor common room when she heard laughing and yelling. She was just gonna ignore it, but what if someone was hurt or being bullied. Her curiosity got the better of her and she went to investigate. But what's that old saying? Curiosity killed the cat?