III ~ Regulus Black

"Alright class, today you will be working in pairs to transform this gauntlet into an item of jewelry" Professor McGonagall stated

Transfiguration was arguably Arabella's favourite subject. You see, Arabella was a metamorphmagus. A rare ability to change their physical appearance through sheer will alone, without the need of poly juice potion, or a magical spell, like most of the wizarding world. Not many knew of Arabella s unusual abilities, only Violet, Liam, and the twins. It's not like she used them often anyways. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't ashamed of it but she didn't want to be pestered or questioned about it.

"Could Ms. Quill and Mr. Potter please switch? I would hate to have a repeat of Mr. Potter and Mr. Black's fiasco last week" She said as she glared at Sirius and James

"See you later then, Ara"

"Au revoir Vi, if you don't see me later it's cause James transfigured me into a necklace"

"Fat chance, I'm a master at transfiguration" Arabella turned around to see James standing with his chest puffed out. Arabella rolled her eyes and turned her attention to the transfiguration textbook. To be honest, she didn't need the textbook. She knew how to do this like the back of her hand. But she didn't want to seem like a know-it-all or risk James finding out about her metamorphic abilities.

"Tell me, Silvers, got your eye on anyone?"

What a menial question, he can't possibly expect for her to tell someone she's known for all of five minutes who she likes.

"That's for me to know and you to dot dot dot" She winked. A safe answer, not too revealing but keeps him on his toes

James didn't know why, but he felt disappointed by her answer. It's not like he cared who she liked, he has his precious Lily-flower. But when he looks at this girl, he feels something he doesn't with Lily. I mean Arabella has always been there, why has he only noticed her now? He knew why and he hated himself because he didn't want her to think she was suddenly interesting just because she got hot. The truth was she was actually pretty funny and kind. Throughout the entire lesson, she would check on him and help him if he was struggling and didn't make him feel bad about it. James sometimes wondered why she wasn't sorted into Hufflepuff, the occasional jokes and pranks she played on him quickly reminded him as to why she was Gryffindor.

【】【】【】【】

Arabella was walking around the grounds, it was her free period and instead of studying in the library like Vi, she opted for a nice walk along the black lake. She closed her eyes taking in all the scents of Hogwarts when she bumped into a tall figure. I say bumped but it was really more of a crash. They both fell to the ground and Arabella apologized profusely.

"No need to worry, no harm done," The boy said, Arabella, smiled sheepishly, slightly guilty and all-around embarrassed. The boy looked strangely familiar. She couldn't place her finger on it. It was the eyes, those gray eyes, and long black hair.

"Regulus Black" he stated

That was it. He was a Black through and through. Arabella was so caught up in wondering how she didn't realize, she didn't notice his hand waiting for hers to shake it.

"This is when you extend your arm to meet mine and tell me your name" he smirked

She flushed a deep red and immediately stuck her hand out as well and connected with his.

"Arabella Silvers"

"Well, Arabella, fancy a walk around the black lake?"

"I would love that Regulus. Funnily enough, I was just on my way to the black lake"

The two walked together for hours, forgetting about their classes and duties back at school. They enjoyed each other's company. They talked about anything, everything. About absolutely anything that came to mind. Arabella quite enjoyed the laid-back nature of their conversations. And Regulus was shocked that she did not share the views of Slytherin that the rest of her house did, including his own brother.

As the sun began to set the two finally agreed that they should probably head back before they got caught by Filch. Although Arabella knew that Filch would let her go. In second year, Arabella had felt immense remorse for Filch as he was constantly the victim of student's pranks, expecting him to clean it up by himself. So she began helping him. Arabella Silvers was the only student Filch liked. And Filch was the only person Arabella would not prank.

Regulus walked Arabella back to the Gryffindor common room. They stood outside the portrait, they simply stood there staring at each other with small smiles. Regulus was the first one to break the silence;

"Thank you for keeping me company today, I really enjoyed it," he said stepping closer to Arabella.

"So did I" She replied, her too stepping closer

"I have a question," She said not moving away

"Fire away" He smirked as his eyes moved back and forth from her eyes to her mouth

"Slughorn's having this party for the Slug Club. It will be viciously boring and painful. But I'm thinking it might be a little less painful if you went with me" she smiled

By now the space between them was dangerously small. They stared into each other's eyes and Regulus leaned in closing the remaining space between them. His soft lips grazed her lips and they melted into each other, moving in sync. Her hands found their way to the back of his neck as she caressed his hair slightly. His hands were cupping her cheeks, holding her gently and passionately. As they pulled away he brought his lips to her ear "I would love to go with you" he whispered.

Arabella placed a small peck on his lips before she turned around and entered the Gryffindor common room. Regulus remained in his place for a moment with his fingers on his lips where hers had just been.

Little did the two teenagers know that a certain group had witnessed the whole thing from under an invisibility cloak

Little did the two teenagers know that a certain group had witnessed the whole thing from under an invisibility cloak. James and Remus were visibly fuming over the fact that she would want to kiss a slimy Slytherin let alone someone younger. Sirius was furious that anyone would want to kiss his annoying little brother. And Peter was simply confused at the whole situation and did not dwell on it.

The boys had gotten closer with the girl, sitting with her at meals, partnering up in class. They enjoyed her company (some more than others), and they thought she was funny and kind and a truly amazing human being. They kicked themselves for not seeing it before.

A/N

Hello, my darlings!! I know that this is a James fanfic so I'm gonna involve him a lot more with Arabella so we can get some actual action not just boring exchanges. Please remember to vote and comment!

Love you all <3

(1219 words)