Part 14: 'Well you see sir, she left.'

ADELINE P.O.V

I had never run this fast ever. I was truly running for my life. I looked to my left and saw Kat doing the same as me but we had very far to go and not much time. Then we heard the noise that made us go even faster. A horn followed by horses hooves.

NIKLAUS P.O.V

We arrived back from the hunting trip an hour early. It wasn't a hunting trip in the traditional sense as much as it was Elijah and I grabbing a few people to eat.

I shouted for a maid to come out, my usual was Lucy but it was a different one this time. I wanted Lucy, she knew what I needed without asking.

"Where's Lucy." I watched the girl start to sweat and her heartbeat sped up. Something was wrong, very wrong.

"Well you see sir, Lucy left." I looked at her confused.

"What do you mean she left she lives here."

"She packed her bags took all her stuff and left." Why would Lucy just leave, she and Adeline were best friends. I couldn't deal with having to make my swan anymore upset.

"Does Adeline know?" I heard her heart nearly beat out of her chest.

"Well that's the thing sir she's missing too." I froze what the hell did she mean she left. I looked at her telling her to continue.

"And so is her sister." And I snapped her neck and screamed something had happened in the couple of hours we were gone. I looked at Elijah he ran into the house probably searching for the girls and ran out two seconds with a guilty look on his face.

"What did you do."

"I-I had them hidden. The books, the stone, the sketch but she found them."

I knew what he was talking about immediately I let out another frustrated roar. Adeline knew what I was. She knew I wanted her sister dead. And if I left it up to her she would never return. But it wasn't up to her anymore. I loved her way too much to just let her run away. All I had to do was find them, then I could keep them in the castle. Complete the sacrifice in two weeks, turn Adeline and all would be fixed.

I gathered every guard and horse we had. Sounded the horn and we galloped off into the forest searching for my doppelgänger and my love.

I strained my ears searching for the faintest heartbeat and then I heard it up ahead, not too far from the river I showed her.

ADELINE P.O.V

The hoof sounds were faint but they got louder as Niklaus got closer.

I was running out of breath when up ahead I noticed a cottage I knew this had to be it. It was at the bottom of a hill so we sprinted to get down on the way I tripped on Kat and we fell. I don't know how but one way or the other Kat ended up with a massive gash up her arm and I with one on my stomach. But we couldn't stop now we had to keep going so with feeling immense pain we ran to the door and began banging on it.

An old lady opened it not who I expected.

"Who are you." She had a gnarled old look on her face and stared at us with such distaste. As I was about to answer another voice interrupted.

"Who is it." Beside the woman appeared another except this time she was gorgeous with pale skin and bright green eyes with brown hair that suited her to a tea.

"Friends of Trevor. He said we could come here." She studied both our faces and realised who we were immediately. She grabbed our arms and dragged us in. Still holding on she brought us to some random bedroom and threw us in.

"Thank you for your kindness." Kat began.

"Don't thank me Trevor is playing with something that will get us both killed saving the doppelgänger is one thing but stealing the only thing Klaus Mikelson has ever loved well that's a whole different death sentence." I glared at her.

"He doesn't love me you don't hurt the people you love." She laughed.

"That's where I know you don't know Klaus Mikelson."

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Something rose would never admit was that she admired the girl infront of her she was brave smart and beautiful and had a good heart as she managed to fall in love with the worst person she had ever met but even more astounding she managed to get him to love her more.

She couldn't risk it though she and Trevor could not end up at the rath of the Mikelsons especially Klaus.

Finally out of her daze she took a deal to breathe in and that was when she smelt it. Blood.

She grabbed the doppelgängers arm and saw the blood dripping on to the floor she looked back at the other girl and saw the stain crawling down her dress how had she not passed out yet.

She bites into her wrist and thrust it into Katerina and then Adeline both complained and tried to fight it but there was no use.

"Both of you behave it'll be nightfall soon and I'll bring you both back then." With that Rose left feeling rather bad for one Petrova sister.

ADELINE P.O.V

I just sat on the ground everything that had happened running in my head like a train on a track I couldn't escape. I looked at Kat and saw she had her eyes closed thinking. Then with a start she grabbed my arm and turned me to look at her.

"You didn't read the page after in the book did you?" I shook my head words evading me.

"There was a page on everything with vampires and a page on everything with werewolves and as you probably figured out vampire blood heals." I nodded my head subconsciously touching my stomach.

"Once given vampire blood you can't die you can only turn into a vampire. You take vampire blood then die come back drink human blood and you're a vampire." I looked at Kat knowing what she was suggesting not sure if I could do it. She was asking me to die. To live forever. To run forever. I looked at her prepared to say no but as soon as I looked into her eyes I knew I had to do this. She would die and be gone forever if I didn't. I nodded.

She kissed my forehead and got up she grabbed a chair and a very long piece of rope and secured it in two nooses on the ceiling she placed the chair underneath and placed her head in it she held her hand out for me to stand on the chair with her. My entire life flashed before me and my mind decided to be cruel and replay everything with Nik and. Every I love, you every laugh, every night we spent talking and how he made me feel my first time. But looking at Kats's hand I realised it was all lies if I didn't do this I might as well crawl back to Nik.

I took her hand a stood up on the chair. Placing my head in the noose I laced my fingers with hers.

"Me and you forever," Kat whispered.

"Me and you forever," I whispered back.

And with that, she kicked the chair.