Prologue:

"Come on Kat, I need you to push, come on Katerina." I kept repeating over and over.

"No no no, I can't ade I can't it hurts, it hurts so much make it stop, make it stop now."

"Katerina look at me, look at me." She stared up and me with those big browns eyes, the colour of coal before the earth turns it into diamonds, tears streaming down her face.

"You can do this, don't do it for me or you, do it for Sofia do it for your baby." She gave out one last cry.

"Well done Katerina, she is here, a gorgeous baby girl," Mama said.

"Let me see Mama, let me hold her." Katerina asked Mama. Mama wrapped up the baby and began walking over.

"No!" Papa exclaimed. "Bring her here woman."

"Papa please let her hold her, she needs to see her baby just the once plea....." I try to plead.

" No! You have brought dishonour and shame to this family and this beast is the centre of all of it so no Katerina you will never see this baby again!" And he left.

"No papa please let me hold her once just once Mama Papa please please please no Mama no Mama please."

"Shhhhhhh Katerina shhhhh." I was trying to comfort her.

"It's better for her Katerina." Mama tried to soothe her, but no one could quiet her screams and pleads to hold her baby just once.