𝟸𝟺 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕

Beginne am Anfang

   He hates her guts, but at the same time cares about her. I always assumed Wilbur had a thing for her. Pretty sure he still does.

"She's passed out more than once??" Dream questions with shock. Wilbur looks back and forth between me and Dream. He was unsure what to do.

Wilbur rips himself away from my grasp and turns towards Dream yet again.

"Yes, she was very dizzy. She said she had a bad dream, and a horrible headache.."

   Dream shook his head at this.

   "This isn't good."

   He was looking at the ground, he doesn't want to say anything more.

   Wilbur looked worriedly at Dream. Tubbo seemed to be concerned as well.

   I didn't know how to feel about all of this. Y/N betrayed us. I couldn't feel concerned for a traitor.

   Dream starts walking away.

   "Dream? Where are you going?" Tubbo yells out to him.

   Dream turns his head towards us.

   "I'm still your guy's enemy. Since you won't help with your friend, I'm leaving. Besides I have to welcome a new member and check on Y/N."

________________

1st Person POV -

I read through the passage in my book, scrawling out notes in my journal.

'Lucid dreaming is a unique dream state where you are aware you're dreaming and have the ability to control what's happening in your dream.'

"Maybe it is lucid dreaming? Hm... no because.."

I often mumbled to myself, occasionally stopping to write out new notes in my journal or grab a new book.

'Sometimes, dreams come true or tell of a future event.'

'Shared dreams, also known as mutual dreams, are when two or more people share a dream experience at the same time. The degree to which the dream is shared can vary, from having common elements or events that happen in each person's dream to the entire dream being the same.'

'Another thing that is much debated about by dream experts is why one person may continuously appear in our dreams (these are called 'recurring dreams'). ... Their appearance in your dream simply means that you're feeling confused about something related to them that may be unresolved.'

The pages were messy and unorganized, many random notes that seemed significant were quickly noted down in my journal.

I had become obsessed with trying to figure out everything behind the dreams I experienced.

I told myself it was worth it. If I could figure out a way to end a dream, everything could be back to normal.

I was stressed out about everything. I wanted to stop, I was tempted to just suffer through the dreams. But my mind wouldn't let me. I was urged to keep going. The answers had to be somewhere. I just had to look in the right places.

A knock at my door startled me.

"I need to stop getting scared by people knocking..."

I slowly walk towards the door. Fatigue hit me, making me stumble and almost fall to the floor.

I regain my balance and finally open the door.

Dream stood at my doorstep yet again for the 6th time this week.

I wanted to turn him away, tell him to stop bothering me. Tell him I am fine and there is no need to worry. But there was a figure behind him. A figure I immediately recognized. It made me keep the door open.

It was the guy from the dream world. The guy with the swirl jacket and goggles. Now he was in vibrant colors, instead of the monotone color scheme the dream world forces you into.

"Y/N! Meet Karl. The guy I told you about."

Dream moves out of the way for me to get a better look at the guy.

Karl stares at me with a confused expression. He doesn't speak at all, he just stares.

'Does he recognize me?'

My mind raced with questions similar to that. Did he actually share dreams with me? Does he remember me from that dream?

Karl's confused expression quickly falters and he replaces it with a smile. He holds out his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N."

No- He doesn't know me...?

And once I took his hand, my last bit of hope for answers melted away.

________________
1236 words, unedited