October 13th, 1993

                                                  Russian H.Y.D.R.A Base

A Base

Frey cleaned around his cell/office while humming a song that he had made up in his head. After a long day of treating injured patients, he was tired and was in desperate need of a nap. Once he finished cleaning he made his way to the cot that lay in the very corner of the room, settling himself down to get some rest before more patients needed treatment.

 His specialty was wounds that were to take longer to heal than average ones. The powers were remarkable at healing fatal injuries, and H.Y.D.R.A took advantage of it. Though they did take a blow when he used them too much. It caused him to tire very quickly, but he was growing in strength.  

His eyes fluttered open hearing the sound of approaching footsteps. He counted 2- no 3 footsteps though 1 was different from a guard's regular sounds. Sitting up quickly and glimpsing around the room, he noticed that they will arrive at his door in only a few seconds. Rushing to tidy himself up, he didn't hear the sound of the door opening.

"Dr. Frey, a new patient for you," a husky-sounding guard announced. The guard pushed a burly-looking man into his office. The first thing he noticed was that the man had a metal arm, which was quite interesting. He remembered a patient he treated a few years ago talking about an assassin called the 'Winter Soldier' that was the best H.Y.D.R.A had ever trained before that had a metal arm.

Frey nodded as he watched the guards leave. "Have a seat," he gestured to the patient's bed while grabbing some things that he needed to treat a wound. The man stayed quiet as he sat down carefully. Frey decided to call the man 'Soldier' since he had no other name to call him. 

He pulled a rolling chair next to the soldier's bed and sat down. The soldier was stoic and grim-looking. Showing no signs of pain as blood rushed through a wound on his abdomen. "If you don't mind- could you take off your shirt so I can treat your wound?" Frey said while prepping some cleaning supplies. When he turned back, the soldier was shirtless and judging by his body language a bit on edge. 

"Don't worry, I'm not like other doctors," cleaning the soldier's abdomen, "I'm just a healer,". He felt a pair of eyes on him and looked up to see the soldier staring at him. Returning the gaze, his eyes flashed a bit of amber as he started healing the soldier's abdomen. He felt the soldier's body relax while his calming power washed over him.

  Once he finished, the soldier immediately regained his emotionless mask and watched Frey accusingly. "I didn't do anything but heal you," He said after noticing the soldier's reaction. The soldier's eyes just stared at him silently. "Not much of a talker, huh?" Frey sighed, and again no reaction. "That's alright, I understand," he hummed grabbing a new shirt for the soldier. The soldier raised an eyebrow quizzically in response. "I went through similar training as you," he explained while handing the soldier the shirt, "I- I cannot say much more," his eyes glimpsed at the camera watching them.

"I thought u were a doctor," a gravelly voice said. Frey offered a small smile and swore he could see the man's cheeks redden.

  "Yes I am a doctor but before I was assigned this role I was training to be.....like you," the healer responded. The soldier nodded quietly. Frey suddenly walked away briskly putting distance between the two. "Someone's coming," he stated while pretending to clean some supplies.

"Dr. Frey, I have some news for you!" A loud voice proclaimed as the leader of the base walked in. Frey looked at the man obediently 

"What is it, sir?"

"From now on you will be the Winter Soldiers assigned healer. He has shown great composure with you, which means not only will he never be killed from fatal wounds but will also behave!" the leader commanded. 

"It's an honor, sir," Frey responded. 

"When he is in Cyro you will treat other patients like usual, understood?" the leader raised an eyebrow waiting for an answer. Frey nodded while the leader spoke again, "When he is out of Cyro you will share a cell with him to make sure he doesn't...damage his well-being,". 

The healer glanced at the soldier to see if he was reacting to what was happening and saw no reaction. The leader abruptly left, the sound of the door slamming and locking rang through his head. His lack of rest caught up to him as he started tumbling towards his cot, but black clouded his vision, and the last thing he felt was a 

                                                   metal arm catching him.

a/n: there probably will be more than 2 updates a week because yk boredom. I promise chapters will actually be longer once we get into the grOoVe of the story.