March 26th, 2014

                                                       Washington DC  base                                 

 Distant yelling snapped him out of his sleep.

 He knew that the Soldier had come back from his mission but had failed to complete it. Recently, H.Y.D.R.A has been moving around frequently enough for him to notice something was wrong. Alexander Pierce has been keeping tight reigns on everything happening in the base. 

Another yell could be heard echoing through the walls.

Every time the Soldier was wiped Frey, used all of his energy trying to reverse the effects. He knew that the more the man was wiped, his consciousness seemed to crack. Although the soldier always seemed to remember him in some way. Even if it was just a familiar feeling.  

His own memories were coming in at a rapid pace. Frey suddenly understood why his accent was so different from those around him. He knew that he was French and used to be a medic...somewhere. 

Frey surfaced from his thoughts as the familiar sound of footsteps approached his office. The door slammed open as two guards threw the Soldier to the ground. 

"He has a mission in 3 days prep him," one guard reported. Frey nodded, watching as they left, leaving him and the Soldier alone.

He used his super strength to lay the soldier down on his cot. Placing the man's head on his lap for easier access. He began the healing process, dragging his hand along the wounds the memory wiping machine left. Then he focused on the soldier's consciousness, pressing his powers into the grooves that needed healing. He felt the mental strain the man constantly went through and his broken emotions. 

Frey's nose bled as he finally retreated from the Soldiers consciousness. Running his hands through the man's hair in a calming manner.  He knew the soldier would awaken soon and didn't want to frighten him. 

Thinking about what emotions he felt from the other man's consciousness made him think he left someone behind before H.Y.D.R.A. Maybe it was a lover or best friend. Though, recognized it as more as a platonic relationship rather than a romantic one. Frey felt guilty for being so nosy, it was no place for him to assume things.

The soldier started to stir, his eyes fluttering open. Frey prayed that the man wouldn't lash out. He continued to massage the man's head, the soldier sighed, melting into his touch. 

"Do you remember me?" Frey asked hesitatingly. 

"You feel familiar," the soldier mumbled. Frey's mouth twitched into a quiet smile.

His eyes drooped while his hands were slowing down their movements. Suddenly Frey felt a warm hand on his cheek. He saw the soldier wiping the blood off of his upper lip from his nosebleed. "Thank you," Frey muttered while leaning his body against the wall behind him. He rested his hands on the soldier's shoulders. Making no move to rid of the man's head in his lap, he slowly slipped into sleep.

                                                           March 29th,2014

                                                        Washington DC base.

Alarms blared at Frey weaved his way through the crowd. He made his way towards to file room, quietly slipping inside unnoticed. Running his hand through the file names until he found the ones he was looking for.

PROJECT Winter Soldier

PROJECT Frey

He opened them both just enough to read their real names.

James Buchanan Barnes

Wyatt-

Someone burst into the door with a gun in their hands. 

"Put down the files," they ordered. Frey quickly obeyed. The person raised their gun to his head. He smirked slightly before dashing out. "Hey!-" the person's yell was cut off as he quickly blended into the crowd.

He entered the weapons room and quickly stripped himself of his lab coat. Frey grabbed essentials as wells as weapons. Strapping a gun to his waistband and attaching a knife under his sleeve, he rushed around the room. Dumbing some food and first aid kits into a bag, while also adding in multiple rolls of cash.  

Frey heard explosions above him as the base shook. He knew he had limited time before this place was turned to dust. He sprinted to one of the secret exits he knew in case of emergency. Pushing himself out the door and into the light, the first thing he noticed was smoke and debris all around him. He quickly ran away from the smoking building behind him. Frey eyed a large helicarrier type of air vehicle above him, quickly coming down and aiming towards the lake beside him.  He ran into the forest beside him to hide.

A loud whirring noise echoed while the helicarrier descended at a fast pace. Smoke billowed out of it as multiple fires were eating their way through it. Frey hid behind a tree as it hit the water with a loud smack. As it sunk he noticed a flash of shiny metal moving towards the lakeshore.  He observed that it was actually a human pulling along with something colorful through the water. A sudden realization hit him that it was actually the Soldier with a man wearing a red and blue suit.

Frey watched the soldier- or should he say, James? He didn't know if the soldier would be fine with him calling him that.

He watched the Soldier laid the very patriotic-looking man on the shore. Frey was confused about what he should do. Help the colorful man, or leave with the soldier, but what if the soldier didn't want his company?

 His conflicts flooded his mind until a raspy voice brought him out his thoughts "What are you doing here?". 

Startled, he reached for his gun until recognized the voice of the Soldier. "I escaped and can help you," Frey surveyed his injuries. "You will likely die from these wounds if they don't get treated soon," he stated. "

Will you take me back?" the Soldier asked. Frey softened as the man no longer seemed to be in the 'Winter Soldier mindset.

"I won't take you back, I 

                                                              PROMISE  

                                                                                                   ,".

a/n: 1014 words :O also, I'm not the best at writing. I just have lots of ideas and need to write them down. I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as me. Also, I don't actually know when the certain fights and the end of h.y.d.r.a happened in captain America winter soldier so I guessed lmao