For one, saying Frey had forgiven James would be an understatement. He was still minorly pissed off. So while watching James get beat up by a kid in a spider costume, he was amused. Right now, all hell was breaking loose below him. He sat on a ledge, shielding himself from the average person's eye. Keyword "average," person's eye so he was eventually spotted by a certain spider kid. Unsurprisingly, a white glob of web attached to his arm dragged him out of his hideaway.

"Hey, mystery man! What are you doing spying up there?" the spider taunted.

Frey now realized he was falling through the air. It's almost like a daily occurrence now for him. He caught himself a few feet from the ground using his wings, though it cost him another ripped shirt and some nasty back bleeding.

"Dude, you have wings? That's so cool, but you should check out that back bleeding," spider-kid said, trying to attach some webbing to Frey's wings.

"Ever minded your own business, kid?" Frey retorted back while easily blocking all his attacks. He advanced quickly and landed some blows to the spider. It was obvious the kid needed to work on his hand-to-hand combat skills. Spider-kid finally landed a punch to his jaw and used that moment to web him up to a wall.

"You have no personal info in any government files. Mr.Stark will find you interesting," the spider kid tried to swing away, but was caught midair by Falcons drone and sent through the window.

Frey's feathers bristled at the thought of the government ever finding out about him. His thoughts were cut short when James and Falcon showed up.

"I thought your wings were useless," James said with a hint of emotion behind it. Frey had lied to him for the most part about his wings. He looked away guiltily, but soon looked back when he felt a hand touch one of his wings. Freys face flushed at the feeling but ignored it.

"Can someone just get me out of this web?" Frey said as he wiggled around, trying to escape.

"You're gonna steal my brand, Frey," Falcon joked as he cut the webs off.

"Well I never planned to become a hero anyways," Frey countered.

The two laughed together, not noticing the jealous James beside them.

"We need you two down on the ground," the unmistakable voice of Steve came through Falcon and James's earpiece.

"Roger that," James replied before jogging towards the exit.

Falcon waved goodbye to Frey before flying off.

=couple minutes later=

Frey watched from above and didn't bother hiding his presence anymore. Down below, Tony's team and Steves team were face to face. A certain redheaded assassin noticed him hovering above and subtly pointed him out to Tony.

crap

Maybe at least trying to hide would have been better in the long run, he thought while quickly dodging a repulser beam trying to hit him.

Down below, no one's POV

"I thought we'd have even teams, Cap!"

Ironman tried to hit the mysterious winged man hovering above.

"He's just observing and won't join the fight," Steve responded.

Ironman just scoffed and used FRIDAY to look up any files on the mysterious man. He was met with no information.

"Great, your hiding another fugitive with no files." Tony accused, "Another killer assassin?"

"Drop it, Tony," Steve demanded while keeping an eye on the close to exploding Bucky.

Freys POV

He continued to watch the two leaders argue down below. He decided to use this to his advantage and go back into hiding. God, all he wanted right now was to lie down with James and take a nice long nap. Frey wondered if anything could ever be normal again after this.

Below him, the fight had started. Minutes passed with sounds of yelling and fighting. Occasionally, the tower he was hiding in shook and trembled.  Suddenly, a laser beam cut through the top half of the tower. Narrowly escaping, Frey looked around to see where it came from. He spotted a red humanoid creature in the distance, and a cyborg falling out of the sky. In a split-second decision, Frey decided to save the cyborg.

He was quickly gaining speed, and in a flash, he caught the cyborg. Laying him on the ground, he looked up to see the jet that Steve and James were on, getting away. He stood up and prepared to take off again to follow the jet, but was stopped by a voice.

"Thank you," said the cyborg he had saved.

Frey simply nodded in acknowledgment before taking off to catch the jet. He struggled to try to create enough speed to catch up. Finally, one of his hand's grabbed hold of the jet, and he hoisted himself onto the back of it. While trying to stay on, he lodged one of his hands under the door to the inside. With a grunt, Frey used his superstrength to create a space large enough to fit through. He slipped inside and stood up. Steve and James looked at him with their jaws wide open.

"Hey guys," Frey nervously shuffled his feet.

James quickly snapped out of his daze first, "Frey you slick b%&^**#!"

With a smile, he pulled Frey into a tight hug. They pulled away looking at each other thoughtfully.

"Sorry for the intrusion, but I wanted to have a proper goodbye," Frey stuck out his hand for Steve to shake it.

"You're not gonna join us?" Steve asked while shaking his hand.

"I may have a bone to pick with HYDRA, but I'd rather not dig up anything unwanted."

"I understand, goodbye Frey," Steve patted his shoulder.

Frey turned to James one last time, "As long as you have the feather, I'll be able to find you."

James nodded and pressed a kiss to Frey's forehead.

"Goodbye," he said before slipping back through the hole and into the world.

The end

(or is it)

stay tuned for Heal Me pt 2

notes: I spent like a month writing this on and off, and had no motivation. Tysm for 1.9k :,) all the love made me wanna write again for you guys. the pt. 2 to this book has no release date or anything, I rlly only have a faint outline of what I want to do with it. <3 peace out