Paris, France

                                                 June 3rd, 1940

The rumbles of the earth are the first thing that made him realize he was alive

The rumbles of the earth are the first thing that made him realize he was alive. He felt his blood rushing to his head as he struggled to breathe with rubble laying on top of him. His mind was hazy as his eyes strained to look through the heavy dust in the air. The vague memories of a loud explosion and his apartment falling all around him surfaced as he became more aware of his surroundings.

Suddenly, he heard two figures approaching him and breathed a sigh of relief until he realized they were speaking German. 

"𝘋𝘦𝘳 𝘈𝘳𝘻𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘵 𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘯 𝘯𝘦𝘶𝘦𝘯 𝘗𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘧ü𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘌𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦," ( The doctor needs a new patient for his experiments.) one spoke. 

 "𝘐𝘤𝘩 𝘣𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘸𝘪𝘳 𝘬ö𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯 𝘛𝘳ü𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘯," (I'm sure we can find one under all this rubble.)  the other responded as he kicked debris from his path.

Realizing this is not who he would want to be found by, he laid as still as possible trying not to draw attention to himself. He held his breath as the sounds of the Germans speaking grew louder. A large black boot appeared in his line of vision, causing him to gasp. Alarm struck him as he realized how loud he was.

"Well, what do we have here?" one spoke with a heavy accent lifting the debris covering his body. He gulped in large breaths of air as the weight lifted off his chest. 

"Doctor will like him," the other spoke getting a good look at him. 

"Indeed he will," the one with a heavy accent proclaimed. 

"P-please don't hurt me." his brittle voice croaked. The German soldiers shared a hearty laugh while looking at the bruised and bloody man below them.

 "Oh, don't worry doctor will do much worse than just hurt you," one said before knocking him in the head with his rifle. The last thing he saw before everything went black was the broken city of Paris lying in ruins around him.

                                                    A Few Days Later

The first thing that hit him was the smell, it was too clean. The heavy scent of sanitation flowed into his nose. His senses felt like they had been dialed up to x11. He could pick out scents from everyone in the room.  He was confused, where was he, and why did his body suddenly feel like this?

Suddenly a searing hot pain flooded through his veins, he felt like he was on fire. The pain didn't stop there, it became more intense as he felt like his back was being split open. He cried out and tried to move but realized he was being restrained. 

His ears were slowly becoming more open and aware of the multiple noises in the room. He could hear people's heartbeats and breathing. Voices suddenly crowded into his brain as he picked out talking around him. 

"Turn on the switch..."

"IV check?...."

"More serum..."

"Tighten the restraints!....."

His eyes snapped open, taking in his surroundings. He saw people in white coats running around the brightly lit room. It looked almost like a hospital unit, but there was something different. Instead of common essentials, it was filled with heavy equipment and machinery. Serums of all colors sat on a shelf, a yellow bottle half empty. He looked at his own IV seeing how instead of the regular nutrient water doctors usually put in it, there was a yellow liquid. 

A man wearing a lab coat, black button-up, and a weird symbol almost resembling a snake with a skull marched towards him.

"Good morning, you've been asleep for quite some time!".  He tried to speak but his mouth was parched and his throat felt like the Sahara desert. "Do you know where you are right now?" the man asked. He shook his head fearfully. The man smiled, almost evilly, and said "Well let me introduce you then

                                welcome H.Y.D.R.A PROJECT FREY!".

a/n: two updates a week! I hope you have a nice rest of your day :)