October 5th, 2016                           

                                                                        Germany 

tw: blood

tw: blood

Freys POV

The cold bit into his skin. As he had traveled more up north, the weather had turned chilly. He had taken Romania's weather for granted. Though, at the moment, the weather was the least of his problems.

 He had stopped a couple of times in small villages and had learned he was in Germany. Even though Germany scared him because of his past, he knew that the country had changed for the better. Frey was surprised by how far he had flown. He was so far from home. Thinking about it sent a pang through his chest, knowing that things would never go back to normal.

He was brought out of his thoughts as a strong wind gust pushed against him. Frey huffed as he flapped his wings, the pain becoming almost unbearable every time. Tiredness had settled in his bones. The long journey plus almost no sleep affected him heavily. His strength was wearing out with every mile covered. All he wanted was a cup of hot, steaming coffee.

When another wind gust sent him toppling, a quick memory flashed in his head. 

Flashback Start:

"Now, the higher the atmosphere, the more you leave the friction layer," his professor pointed to a diagram on the wall, "The friction layer is was keeps winds at bay." 

Wyatt's fellow peers stared at the professor like he just spoke a foreign language. 

His professor sighed, "Which means that the higher you are, the stronger the winds."

Flashback End

Frey gasped as he regained his composure. The memory had hit him hard, but not as hard as the wind gust. Suddenly he realized he was currently free diving towards the city below. His ears popped from the pressure change. Yelling as he fell through the air, he almost forgot about his wings. Spreading them to stop his descent, wind dug into Frey's face as his speed accelerated. With one large flap of his wings, he was able to face in the right direction. Slowing down, he finally caught his breath. His attempts of staying in the air were successful, but Frey was now dangerously close to the city below him. If he got caught, he would never find James.

Feeling something tickle his chest, Frey looked down. His breath hitched in his throat. The feather on his necklace was going wild, tugging him north. Looking around for where it may be pointing towards, he could see nothing. The only thing around him was a bustling city and busy streets.

 Groaning, Frey decided to continue his journey north, gaining altitude. Scanning his eyes on the horizon, he noticed an empty airport in the distance. Though he was puzzled on why it was empty, he didn't care at this point. Since Frey knew that James was somewhere in the city, he could rest. Knowing that the airport was empty, his best bet was to stay there. Sighing in relief, he flew closer and scanned the area for people. 

Frey flew over what he thought was a random parking garage. Though, feather had other ideas as it tugged strongly, pulling him downwards. Curses flew out of Freys mouth once he realized what was happening, but he was too late to save himself. He crashed headfirst into the concrete flooring.

 Frey groaned as he pushed himself off of the ground, "Holy, %#$."

Once he was on his feet, he felt something trickle down his face. Letting his fingers brush across his face, he brought them back to eye level, noticing blood on his fingertips. Frey simply sighed in response. Wiping it on his pants, he started to survey his surroundings. 

The sounds of people talking wafted up from below him. Thinking for a moment, he decided to investigate the noises. Making his way down the ramp that connected his floor to the one below him, he noticed two cars parked in the distance. There were people around it, and Frey even saw a familiar face.

a/n had this draft a while now but too lazy to finished it! :D have fun with a cliffhanger, I'm not sorry about it.

#gatekeep #gaslight #girlboss