CHAPTER 30: MOVING ON.

Start from the beginning

Instantly, Idara's eyebrows pulled together. “Okay?”

“And, um, it had something to do with you and I. But, um-”

“Wait.” Idara cut her off, surprised. “He told you, too?”

Isioma quirked her eyebrows, surprised too. “Told me what?”

“Did he tell you to stay away from him and his relationship, blah blah blah?”

“Yes, he actually did.” Isioma was amazed. “How did you know?”

Idara facepalmed straight up. “Oh, poor Yomi.” She shook her head again. “What has gotten into you?”

Isioma shifted in her seat, feeling lost. “Am I missing something?” She gesticulated erratically for emphasis. “Like, did he send you the same text?”

“Don't worry, just be calm. I'll explain to you on our way out.” Idara stood up, grabbing her schoolbag. “Let's just leave here, first.”

Isioma nodded after a momentary pause. “All right. Let's go.”

Scarcely had both ladies taken a step forward when a very loud distorted sound came from a loudspeaker at the class' podium in front.

“Attention, all students.” A young, well-built man announced with a microphone. “Please seat down. I have new information about a group assignment from Dr. Suraj.”

“Who is that guy?”

“That's our class governor, Freddy.” Idara answered Isioma, grumbling as she sat down again. She really wanted to get out of here, for obvious reasons like Candice and Yomi, who were getting on her nerves by their presence alone.

However, after everyone in class were seated, the class governor announced everything they needed to know before splitting them all in various groups.

Everything was totally going fine until he placed Yomi and Idara in the same group and appointed them as the group leaders.

Isioma instantly noticed a mean look from Candice, who was sitting four rows ahead with Yomi. She was actually glaring at Idara but somehow made eye contact with Isioma in the process.

However, Candice looked away when she was caught glaring, and Idara wasn't even aware of anything at all because she was just baffled by the class governor's announcement.

How could he put she and Yomi in the same group? Was it just coincidence, or was it purely intentional?

Either way, Idara couldn't agree to it. She had to do something about it, and fast.

So, immediately the class governor descended the podium, Idara rushed to meet him in front. “Hello, sir!”

The tall, able-bodied man halted at once, offering her a smile. “Yes, Idara. How may I help you?”

“Mr. Freddy, I hope you don't mind, but it's about, um…” Idara scratched her neck nervously. “Sir, I want you to-”

“Remove their names from the same group.” A sharp feminine voice chipped in abruptly, from behind Idara.

Undoubtedly, both Idara and Mr. Freddy were surprised as Yomi and Candice appeared near them. They weren't the only ones who found the duo amusing, though.

Most of Yomi's female course mates couldn't help but stare in awe at Yomi's astonishing babe, and some ladies even felt jealous because they had a really big crush on him.

“I'm sorry?” Mr. Freddy glanced at both lovers. “Did I hear you correctly?”

“Honey,” Candice said sweetly to Yomi, “maybe you should do the talkin'.”