Female Foeticide (Note)

Female foeticide is basically sex-selective abortion. It is the act of aborting a foetus because it is female. 

It is a grave issue, especially in India, which needs to be addressed and tackled effectively. 

Although Prenatal Sex Determination has been legally banned in India, it still persists in many parts of the country.

The root cause of female foeticide is the age-old belief that daughters are a liability and burden in society. In many families, the birth of a girl child is seen as a bad omen. Gone are the days when the arrival of a female child was considered as the arrival of 'Lakshmi', the Goddess of Wealth, Fortune, and Auspiciousness. Society has just been engrossed in the deep-rooted and biased preference of sons.

If we do not make an effort to stop this hideous act, the sex ratio will keep on declining.  This will eventually lead to an increase in crimes like girl trafficking, rape, and many more. In fact, these have already started taking place. Reduction in the female population may also result in a much more male-dominant society.

The best and the most effective way(according to me) to stop this is to raise awareness about the issue. Educate others about its negative impacts. Encourage them to break the false traditions which consider females as a burden.

Society should neither be male-dominant nor female-dominant. Men and women must work in coordination and cooperation in order to run a good society. For that, the declining sex ratio must be increased and crimes like female foeticide stopped.

Thank You so much for reading!
Appreciation and constructive criticism are welcomed.

Thank You so much for reading!Appreciation and constructive criticism are welcomed