14

"..."

▏▬▬▬▬▬▬▕

Hyungwon was driving down the highway, humming along to the trendy song playing quietly on the radio. His peaceful driving was interrupted by his phone ringing, the caller's contact info showing up on the small screen that would have been displaying the radio channel information.

His chocolate eyes scanned over the name and he immediately answered as his brain processed the name. Why was Changkyun calling him? Had something gone wrong? 

"What is it? I'm on my way back... Maybe thirty minutes or so..." Hyungwon spoke up, turning his eyes to the road. "Yah! Why the fuck aren't you picking up your fucking phone!?" Wonho's loud voice startled the driver, making him abruptly turn the steering wheel, putting him off course a little. "What the fuck are you yelling for!?" He yelled back, hearing some people honk their horns behind him. "Jesus fucking christ..." He uttered. 

"Anyways... My phone is on silent... I shouldn't use it and drive." Hyungwon sighed, softening his tone. "Sorry if I caused worry." he then apologized, hearing the leader sigh on the other end of the call. "It's fine. Just keep it on, at least." "What's up? I'm sure you wouldn't call me if everything was fine? Or can we talk about it at home?"

"Don't come here." the older's voice came through the speaker, surprising the other man. Hyungwon furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "Why are you on Kyun's phone?" He asked. "That doesn't matter. What's important is that you don't come here!" 

Hyungwon bit down on his bottom lip, suddenly nervous. "Is something up? Why can't I come?" He questioned, completely clueless as to why the older sounded so serious. It must have been something he did, right? He had fucked up somewhere along the line and now they were in trouble?

"Just don't. Get somewhere where you are not alone. I'm coming to you. That's an order." The older commanded. Hyungwon knew he couldn't talk back to the elder so he just ended up obliging to the command. "Can I know why?" He then asked, voice quieter. Had he really done something wrong...?

"You have a tracker in you. Your father ordered it to be turned on." Wonho explained. Hyungwon felt his throat dry up. "What..?" he stuttered out. Since when? Had it been there since he was a kid? He wouldn't be surprised if it would have but why turn it on now and not ever before?

So many questions yet there were always so few answers.

"I don't know, but Shownu got heard it through one of the lines D6 managed to get onto tonight... But please, stay safe and don't come here." Wonho said in a calm tone, trying to hide the fact that his voice was filled with nervousness. Hyungwon leaned against the backrest of his seat. "I understand. I'll find a place where we can meet up safely." the hitman said quietly and made the next possible U-Turn he could, even if it was illegal. 

"Someplace with many people, in case they try and get to you. I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm sure I don't need to say it, but don't open the door for anyone." Wonho scolded, making the other roll his eyes despite the seriousness of the situation. Hyungwon just ended the call and gripped the steering wheel, knuckles turning white.

"Fuck..." Hyungwon hissed frustratedly. It made sense now. The way they tracked him to the Black Rose's base. Hyungwon thought that it was planted into his clothes, not literally embedded into his arm. It must have been put in when he was a kid. The old fuck would not have been able to do so otherwise.

Hyungwon eventually stopped his car in a parking hall and locked the doors, before relaxing in his seat. There were other cars around him and security cameras including the possible dash cams and unless his father had magic to make all the dash cams disappear, they couldn't attack without any risks of being caught.